antivirus 2008 XP

Old August 14th 08, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
FromTheRafters

Default I consider this as SPAM

.... and me, fresh out of medals to award.

"Peter Foldes" wrote in message
Novel way to advertise a service. So I consider this as ******SPAM****

--
Peter

"lindamackum" wrote in message
it is a virus that is really hard to get rid of... i already got this on
my pc a few weeks ago, however i cannot tell you how to remove it i

Old August 15th 08, 01:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Peter Foldes

That is why that same post is posted to at least 12 other newsgroups that I can see

--
Peter

"Paul Montgomery" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 01:59:00 -0400, "Peter Foldes"
wrote:

Novel way to advertise a service. So I consider this as ******SPAM****

Looked like a total newb trying to be helpful to me.

Old August 20th 08, 12:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
macuser

Default antivirus 2008 XP

i wanna cry so bad because i don't know what this is or how i got it on
his computer and i wont rest till i fix it.

--
macuser
Old August 20th 08, 12:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
macuser

i downloaded that malwarebytes anti-malware program but it just scans
everything doesnt show how to get rid of anything. i think you have to
purchase it to get rid of the xp 2008. i dunno i need help this is
driving me crazy i know its driving everyone else to. i feel your pain
people and im not a pc user.

--
macuser
Old August 20th 08, 12:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Paul Montgomery

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malw...antivirus-2008
Old August 21st 08, 12:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
garmin

Hi...

before one month this bloody virus infected my pc but a new version
(antivirus 2009 xp)

then I used a-squared Anti-Malware 3.5 to remove it

it is great security...

--
garmin
garmin's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=355

Old August 27th 08, 11:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Steve

SPYDOCTOR is popular and will do a free scan but will charge you to remove
the virus. I had the problem for two weeks. I've read Norton doesn't work and
people are wasting money on other similar products which don't do the job.
Sometimes it's best to look closer to home i.e Microsoft. Try
http://www.microsoft.com/security/po.../Antivirus2008
for background info and then click on the link for the download options. I
couldn't get Windows defender to install but I tried the WINDOWS MALICIOUS
SOFTWARE REMOVAL TOOL and 'touch-wood' it seems to have helped. I still have
the annoying message on the screensaver but the annoying pop-up has stopped.
Let me know if it helps.

"SUE" wrote:

Hi There
Has anyone had this appear on there computer I know its a rogue program but
how do I get rid of it.
Its a pest I have Norton Internet security 2008 but that does not report
this rogue program.
It just pops up everywhere and am afraid that it will compromise my system.
Any help would be helpful.
Thanks in advance

Sue

Old August 29th 08, 12:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Mick Murphy

Richard, thank you very much for that link for Malwarebytes.
That is a ripper!
An example: I was out doing a job today in XP
In Safe Mode:
Spybot Search & Destroy: 300 odd, assorted things, could not delete 8
AVG(customers choice): Heaps in that DOS interface it uses now in SM with
AVG 8.0
THEN Malwarebytes: 211 Trojans, Adware, etc (and it ran after Spybot S & D
and AVG)

It's good gear.
Once again, thanks.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Richard Urban" wrote:

I have used the FREE version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware program to remove
this infection from six computers.

You can get it he http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

Old August 29th 08, 12:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Mick Murphy

It is SPAM
They charge either $1.00 or .50c a minute, depending on how good they are.
Can't you surf the web to another page, lol.

You must be a Pommie, drinking pints!
Nah, you drink plonk.
Cheap and nasty.
And once again, you are wrong; it is spam.

Seing as I use the web interface, you can reply here as much as you like.
I can't be bothered coming back to here, and I don't get notifications of