Graphics Tablet on 2 Screens Stops Working

Old August 10th 08, 07:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cam_M

Default Graphics Tablet on 2 Screens Stops Working

I am having a problem with my graphics tablet. It works just fine on
both screens after a reboot, however after a little while (I am not sure
what exactly is causing it to do this) it just suddenly reverts to my
main monitor only, and nothing I do seems to make it work again aside
from rebooting. Also at the same time that it stops working on both
monitors, I also no longer get the "Ripple" effect on the screen when I
tap on the pad (the visual feedback on screen to tell you you have
clicked) as well as pressing and holding the pen on the pad no longer
allows me to "Right-Click". I have no idea what program is causing it to
suddenly stop working, however I think it may have something to do with
the screen saver, as this is the only thing that almost always comes on
each day (I don't always use the exact same programs each day).

What I have tried to fix this problem so far:
-Stop/Start Tablet PC Service
-Unplug Tablet from USB, then re-plug
-Change my Main Monitor to the other one (this makes the tablet only
work on the other monitor, no difference otherwise) Also tried
un-checking "Extend Desktop on This Screen", applying, then undo and
apply again
-Exit the Sys Tray App for the tablet (PenSuite) then re-open it
-Disable/Enable the Tablet's driver from Device Manager
-Change screen saver to a regular Windows one, not a 3rd party saver

My system setup is as follows:
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz
ASUS P5QE Motherboard
4gb Ram
EVGA GeForce 8800gt 512mb
LG L226WTQ 22" & LG L206W 20" LCD Monitors
Windows Vista Ultimate x86

Graphics Tablet: Genius PenSketch 9x12 Pen Tablet

Please let me know if you have had this problem and were able to fix
it, it is very annoying having to reboot every time I come back to my
computer. Also I am trying to use MS Expression Studio as a Evaluation
currently, and having to reboot every time I come back is causing the
Trial period to go by way to fast (you get 30 times to launch Exp Web
for example) so I can't really get much use out of it, I started the
trial 2 days ago and I only have 18 times left to open it...

Thank you in advance for your help with this!

-Cam M

--
Cam_M