Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000

Old January 2nd 07, 03:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard Hay

Default Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000

I get this camera to work by just doing a driver install of the last version
made for the Pro 4000. I do not install the Quickcam software from that
version because it will not work. Extract those XP drivers from the execute
file.

--
Richard Hay
Windows Live Butterfly

"DCR" wrote in message
Did you install the drivers in XP compatibility mode
(right click install file.compat. tab)?

"Stan Kay" wrote in message
|I have Vista Ultimate 6.0.6000 and I am afraid that I cannot get my
QuickCam
| Pro 4000 to work. The software installs fine but the camera will not
work.

| "Stephen Cardinale" wrote in
message
| Just use the Windows XP Drivers for the Logitech QuckCam Pro 4000.
Works

Old January 2nd 07, 11:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Stan Kay

I tried a normal install and I used the compatibility wizard with various
settings and every time I got the message that "mfc40.dll access denied"
and the installation terminated.

Old January 2nd 07, 04:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DCR

So far it appears that Logitech does not intend to support the Pro
4000. They have released x64 and x86 Vista drivers (10.5) for
several cams. The only Vista compatibility chart I can find on
the Logitech site is for x64 only and the Pro 4000 is not listed there.
Perhaps they will provide support in the future. Have you tried
contacting them?

"Stan Kay" wrote in message ...
|I tried a normal install and I used the compatibility wizard with various
| settings and every time I got the message that "mfc40.dll access denied"
| and the installation terminated.
|
| "DCR" wrote in message
| Did you install the drivers in XP compatibility mode
| (right click install file.compat. tab)?
|

| "Stan Kay" wrote in message
| |I have Vista Ultimate 6.0.6000 and I am afraid that I cannot get my
| QuickCam
| | Pro 4000 to work. The software installs fine but the camera will not
| work.
| |
| |
| |
| | "Stephen Cardinale" wrote in
| message
| | Just use the Windows XP Drivers for the Logitech QuckCam Pro 4000.
| Works
| | on Vista RTM just fine.
| | "Walter Blanchard [WalterB]" wrote in message
| | Has anyone been able to the the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 installed
| on
| | Vista x64?
| |
| | --
| |
| | ______________________________
| |
| | Walter B
| | walterb[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com
| | ______________________________
| |
| |
| |
| |

Old January 2nd 07, 10:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Stan Kay

I left a message on their customer support site a couple of days ago and
await a response.

"Stan Kay" wrote in message
|I tried a normal install and I used the compatibility wizard with various
| settings and every time I got the message that "mfc40.dll access
denied"
| and the installation terminated.
|
| "DCR" wrote in message
| Did you install the drivers in XP compatibility mode
| (right click install file.compat. tab)?
|

| "Stan Kay" wrote in message
| |I have Vista Ultimate 6.0.6000 and I am afraid that I cannot get my
| QuickCam
| | Pro 4000 to work. The software installs fine but the camera will
not
| work.
| |
| |
| |
| | "Stephen Cardinale" wrote in
| message
| | Just use the Windows XP Drivers for the Logitech QuckCam Pro 4000.
| Works
| | on Vista RTM just fine.
| | "Walter Blanchard [WalterB]" wrote in message
| | Has anyone been able to the the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000
installed
| on
| | Vista x64?
| |
| | --
| |
| | ______________________________
| |
| | Walter B
| | walterb[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com
| | ______________________________
| |
| |
| |
| |

Old January 3rd 07, 01:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard Hay

I don't believe they will support the Pro 4000 in Vista - their current
drivers (the beta ones) do not have it in there.

XP drivers work well as discussed before.

Good luck though with them.

--
Richard Hay
Windows Live Butterfly

"Stan Kay" wrote in message
|I tried a normal install and I used the compatibility wizard with
various
| settings and every time I got the message that "mfc40.dll access
denied"
| and the installation terminated.
|
| "DCR" wrote in message
| Did you install the drivers in XP compatibility mode
| (right click install file.compat. tab)?
|

| "Stan Kay" wrote in message
| |I have Vista Ultimate 6.0.6000 and I am afraid that I cannot get my
| QuickCam
| | Pro 4000 to work. The software installs fine but the camera will
not
| work.
| |
| |
| |
| | "Stephen Cardinale" wrote in
| message
| | Just use the Windows XP Drivers for the Logitech QuckCam Pro
4000.
| Works
| | on Vista RTM just fine.
| | "Walter Blanchard [WalterB]" wrote in message
| | Has anyone been able to the the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000
installed
| on
| | Vista x64?
| |
| | --
| |
| | ______________________________
| |
| | Walter B
| | walterb[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com
| | ______________________________
| |
| |
| |
| |

Old January 3rd 07, 09:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Stan Kay

I am afraid it does not work with Windows Vista Ultimate (ver 6000). I
tried a normal install and I used the compatibility wizard with various
settings and every time I got the message that "mfc40.dll access denied"
and the installation terminated.

I guess I am out of luck!

"Stan Kay" wrote in message
|I tried a normal install and I used the compatibility wizard with
various
| settings and every time I got the message that "mfc40.dll access
denied"
| and the installation terminated.
|
| "DCR" wrote in message
| Did you install the drivers in XP compatibility mode
| (right click install file.compat. tab)?
|

| "Stan Kay" wrote in message
| |I have Vista Ultimate 6.0.6000 and I am afraid that I cannot get my
| QuickCam
| | Pro 4000 to work. The software installs fine but the camera will
not
| work.
| |
| |
| |
| | "Stephen Cardinale" wrote in
| message
| | Just use the Windows XP Drivers for the Logitech QuckCam Pro
4000.
| Works
| | on Vista RTM just fine.
| | "Walter Blanchard [WalterB]" wrote in message
| | Has anyone been able to the the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000
installed
| on
| | Vista x64?
| |
| | --
| |
| | ______________________________
| |
| | Walter B
| | walterb[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com
| | ______________________________
| |
| |
| |
| |

Old January 31st 07, 03:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TWild

Richard,
I downloaded the drivers for my 4000 and ran the install program. Next I
cancelled the install once I saw the files were extracted. I saw the files
in C:\Program Files\Logitech. But, when I try to install the cam and point
to the drivers folder, Vista doesn't find anything (I checked "include
subfolders"). Any ideas?