Autoplay-Broken for My Camera

Old August 14th 08, 12:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
y0himba

Default Autoplay-Broken for My Camera

Hi! I am very impressed with the forums here so I thought I would risk
public ridicule by asking about a problem I can't seem to fix.

I have a Kodak Easyshare C643 Camera. It shows up in Autoplay as "C643
Zoom Digital Camera" and I have it set to "Ask Every Time". I have
tried setting it to others in the drop down list, but no matter what I
do, it will not autoplay.

If I remove the SD card from it and put it in my media reader, autoplay
is fine. All other devices work with autoplay, this is the only one. I
tried a couple of autoplay repair programs, nothing, nada, zip, zilch.
It just will not work.

Any help is appreciated. I am computer comfortable, not afraid to
regedit or GPEDIT and so forth.

Thanks in advance!

----------------
Now playing: 'The Crystal Method - Dude in the Moon [Luna Mix] -
Dastrix' (http://tinyurl.com/6765nn)

--
y0himba

http://www.y0himba.net
y0himba's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=306
View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19032

Old August 14th 08, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tanuj_chadha[_8_]

First download a utility given by Microsoft by the name of: Auto play
repair. Then install it. & before you use it, connect you camera. Follow
the on screen prompts & that should fix any auto play issues you have
with the system.

--
tanuj_chadha
Old August 14th 08, 09:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
y0himba[_2_]

I did this, it was the first Autoplay repair program I tried, it didn't
work. I have tried a lot of things.

Old August 15th 08, 12:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tanuj_chadha[_8_]

Try to run this patch:

Copy this on to a notepad & save ot on the desktop as autorun.reg

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdrom]
"AutoRun"=dword:00000001

Then merge it.

--
tanuj_chadha
Old August 15th 08, 01:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
y0himba[_3_]

Thanks for the assistance, but I am going to wait for another solution.
If anyone else has suggestions, please throw them out there.

This registry key already exists and tells Windows to Allow autorun on
the cdrom, and has no bearing whatsoever to the issue above, just as the
autoplay wizard is not fully compatible with Vista.