"HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

Old September 1st 08, 12:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
wscrivens

Default "HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

I read on another forum that disabling the HP Quick Start Buttons will
make this go away - but that's not a satisfactory solution IMHO.
In my case, it's a brand-new HP laptop, first time out of the box.
This is NOT reasonable. Also, I'm not using a bluetooth mouse, although
there are 2 bluetooth mice, connected with other computers, within
range.
Any ideas would be helpful.
Walt

--
wscrivens
Old September 5th 08, 01:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
weiserma

Disabling quickstart did work. But I agree that is not an acceptable
solution.

Mark

--
weiserma
Old September 17th 08, 10:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Smalls

I have had the same problem with my microsoft bluetooth presenter 8000
mouse. I have an HP DV5t laptop. And I finally found a better solution
than disabling your quickstart. My brother-in-law has an HP as well with
bluetooth enabled. I told him that I was having this problem and he told
me that his bluetooth mouse worked just fine. He has a Targus mouse.
I've also noticed that everyone that has posted on here has been using a
microsoft mouse. So I went to office depot and bought a "Targus
Bluetooth Laser Notebook Mouse" item# 174354. And it works just fine. I
guess the only problem is the fact that you have to buy a new mouse.**

--
Smalls
Old September 18th 08, 01:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hyosaburo

I was having the same problem with my bluetooth microsoft wireless
notebook presenter mouse 8000. The problem is created by an application
in the HP quick launch Buttons. I removed the application from the
launch buttons.

go to:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons

move the following files to a backup folder on your computer:

HidActn.dll
Hiddata
PushHid.dll

Then restart you computer and you should not have the errors and the
other things on your laptop should still be available.

--
Hyosaburo
Hyosaburo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/hyosaburo.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old October 7th 08, 04:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Xsn

Thx a lot harald.

BTW. I have another HP app that crashes on a brand new laptop (HDX 6) HP
MediaSmart, that throws a .NET exception every time you try to run it. Very
dissapointing...

"harald" wrote:

I have a DV-7 1090 myself and a Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 with
this problem. I did some debugging today on directions of an HP tech guy. I
found out that the problem is caused by the Quick Launch Buttons program,
QlbCtrl.exe. If you disable this program, the error is gone. Don't know by
the way what functionality I lost by disabling, but the annoying message is
gone though!

Here's what you should do:
Click on the Vista logo on the bottom left of your screen
In the search field, enter: msconfig
Press enter to start the program
Click continue if you get the popup of User Account Management
Choose the startup tab in the System Configuration Window
Browse to the "HP Quick Launch Buttons" and uncheck this item
Click the OK button and restart your system

The annoying message should be gone now!

Please post if this has solved your problem too!

"dreadpyrat" wrote:

Hi all,
I have an HP dv9700z laptop with Vista Ultimate 32bit installed.
I'm up to date all on all updates for Vista, including SP1.
I bought a Microsoft blue tooth notebook mouse 5000 and installed it.
It works fine except that as soon as it connects, I get this meesage:

"hid data has stopped working"

Then it asks me to close the program. The mouse still works however, up
until the next time I reboot. Then I have to repeat the installation all
over again.

I installed Intellipoint drivers as suggested on an HP laptop forum -
no fix
I searched Google and Microsoft's knowledge base...nothing.

I'm at a loss, can anyone help?

--
dreadpyrat

Old October 20th 08, 11:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Zdr

I have same prolem using KVM Switch

EDIMAX EK-UAK2

--
Zdr
Old November 8th 08, 07:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mssidah[_2_]

i have the same problem when i plug my logitech wireless headset, i
don't think i should have to stope quick buttoms so i can use my headset
thats not right .
i have HP DV5T with windows vista home 32bit

--
mssidah
mssidah's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/mssidah.htm

Old November 13th 08, 06:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Acer288

I had exactly the same problem with my Microsoft 5000 mouse. I agree
that disabling drivers is not an acceptable option. I chatted with the
HP helpdesk and he proposed the fixes that are included here (only after
I lead him to this link) but even he agreed it was a poor excuse for a
solution. In the end I returned the Microsoft 5000 and picked up the
Targus AMB04US and it works without any issues.

My machine is a HP HDX Premium Series 1 day old at the time if this
post.

--
Acer288
Acer288's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/acer288.htm

Old November 21st 08, 03:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
PAP

how do you disable quikstart

--
PAP
Old November 23rd 08, 04:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
klesko

Thanks for this great fix. On my dv5t HP laptop, it seems to have fixed
the HID data error, and still maintains full HP Quick Launch Button
functionality.

It seems to be a better fix than removing the HP Quick Launch Button
function from startup (though that was a better fix than nothing!)

However, i'm still curious if moving those 3 files you mention below
into a backup directory really did cause a problem with the Quick Launch
functionality that I haven't yet noticed? If those 3 files are truly
not needed, then why are they in the Quick Launch directory in the first
place??

I"m just concerned that if I move those 3 files now (which I have
already done) then get a problem in the future, I don't know whether it
is caused by moving of those files or something else. It seems
disabling Quick Launch altogether may be the "safer" alternative fix,
though it will cause loss of functionality.

klesko's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/klesko.htm