"HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

Old December 5th 08, 02:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jwh

Default "HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

Thanks, Hyosaburo. This appears to have worked for me. From all the
posts above, there clearly is a conflict between the HP Quick Launch
software and Microsoft bluetooth mice. Your solution eliminates the
sporadic HID Data errors yet retains the functionality of the buttons.
Thanks, again.

Hyosaburo;3980436 Wrote:
I was having the same problem with my bluetooth microsoft wireless
notebook presenter mouse 8000. The problem is created by an application
in the HP quick launch Buttons. I removed the application from the
launch buttons.

go to:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons

move the following files to a backup folder on your computer:

HidActn.dll
Hiddata
PushHid.dll

Then restart you computer and you should not have the errors and the
other things on your laptop should still be available.

--
jwh
jwh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jwh.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old December 13th 08, 04:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ServantLeader

I've had this problem since installing a Targus bluetooth mouse, model
AMB03US (also from Office Depot). The mouse works fine, I just have to
close the error message every time I turn on the system (from restart or
standby). I don't want to disable Quickstart. Not sure what to try to
correct the problem.

--
ServantLeader
Old December 13th 08, 05:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jwh

I recommend exactly what *Hyosaburo *recommended. The fix is still
working fine for me. My bluetooh works, my quick launch buttons work,
and I have no error messages.

Old December 16th 08, 07:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
georgius

Thank you for the solution. It worked for me. But I'm facing another
problem with the MS notebook bluetooth mouse 5000. Sometimes, while I am
working, the mouse stops responding and starts again a little later. i
have a HP dv5-1040

--
georgius
georgius's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/georgius.htm

Old December 16th 08, 11:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jwh

Georgius, I have the same mouse, but it has always worked well and
consistently for me. If it is left alone for awhile, it will eventually
go into a sleep mode to preserve battery life, but the slightest
movement usually awakes it within a second or two. It sounds like you
have a defective mouse, or the bluetooth signal is weak or being
interrupted. I trust you've already tried replacing the batteries. I
would also recommend not using a passkey for the mouse. If you created
a passkey when you connected it via bluetooth, then you would need to
uninstall it from bluetooth devices and reinstall it without a passkey.

Old December 16th 08, 05:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
georgius[_2_]

I have about a week I bought the mouse. I havent used it so long that
the batteries could fall. I am afraid that my bluetooth card on the
laptop is defective because sometimes my nokia pc suite displays a
message that has been connected with my cell phone, while the bluetooth
on my cellphone is off

Old December 16th 08, 09:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
rogue0503

Hyosaburo;3980436 Wrote:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons

move the following files to a backup folder on your computer:

HidActn.dll
Hiddata
PushHid.dll

Then restart you computer and you should not have the errors and the
other things on your laptop should still be available.

I am very thankful for this forum. I just bought an HP dv7 yesterday
and ran into this error with my Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter
Mouse 8000. Moving the files to another folder and adding a ".old"
extension cured my problem. As far as I can tell, I have not lost any
functionality.

I was not a member of this forum, but I purposely became a member to
offer my gratitude. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the
64-bit version of Vista Home Premium to print to my HP Color LaserJet
2840...

Onto the next forum! Thanks again guys. Much appreciated.

--
rogue0503
rogue0503's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/rogue0503.htm

Old December 18th 08, 08:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter Oerbech

Thanks a lot - your advice did the trick -thanks.
Why could HP/Microsoft not give this solution ??????

/Peter
Old December 28th 08, 12:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
martynfagan

I get it all the time when i connect to any programe what should i do.

--
martynfagan
Old January 4th 09, 10:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dwaine

I'm wondering how long it takes for HP and/or Microsoft to act on such
issues. It's one thing to let the issue go out to production (poor QA/QC),
it's quite another to just let it fester for months and do nothing (just
plain malfeasance).

"dreadpyrat" wrote:

Hi all,
I have an HP dv9700z laptop with Vista Ultimate 32bit installed.
I'm up to date all on all updates for Vista, including SP1.
I bought a Microsoft blue tooth notebook mouse 5000 and installed it.
It works fine except that as soon as it connects, I get this meesage:

"hid data has stopped working"

Then it asks me to close the program. The mouse still works however, up
until the next time I reboot. Then I have to repeat the installation all
over again.

I installed Intellipoint drivers as suggested on an HP laptop forum -
no fix
I searched Google and Microsoft's knowledge base...nothing.

I'm at a loss, can anyone help?

--
dreadpyrat