Vista Banter

-   -   "HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error (http://www.vistabanter.com/137840-hid-data-has-stopped-working-bluetooth-mouse-error.html)

Rick Rogers January 5th 09 01:44 AM

"HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

Hi,

Hard to say which is at fault, as major OEM's like HP modify the OS
significantly to agree with their hardware. I've not seen this to be a
general OS problem, which leads me to think that it's an HP problem. I would
first seek resolution from them.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"dwaine" wrote in message
I'm wondering how long it takes for HP and/or Microsoft to act on such
issues. It's one thing to let the issue go out to production (poor
QA/QC),
it's quite another to just let it fester for months and do nothing (just
plain malfeasance).

"dreadpyrat" wrote:

Hi all,
I have an HP dv9700z laptop with Vista Ultimate 32bit installed.
I'm up to date all on all updates for Vista, including SP1.
I bought a Microsoft blue tooth notebook mouse 5000 and installed it.
It works fine except that as soon as it connects, I get this meesage:

"hid data has stopped working"

Then it asks me to close the program. The mouse still works however, up
until the next time I reboot. Then I have to repeat the installation all
over again.

I installed Intellipoint drivers as suggested on an HP laptop forum -
no fix
I searched Google and Microsoft's knowledge base...nothing.

I'm at a loss, can anyone help?

--
dreadpyrat

BecomeTheLeadDog January 11th 09 12:07 PM

"HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

I've got an HP Pavilion dv7t with a Microsoft Bluetooth 5000 Mouse. I
tried HARALD's fix ... it didn't work.

--
BecomeTheLeadDog
BecomeTheLeadDog's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/becometheleaddog.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Andymantoronto January 15th 09 02:55 AM

"HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

THANK YOU to who ever posted the solution to this problem. I have been
having the same problem with my HP DV2000 and Microsoft Bluetooth 5000
mouse. I had just given up and figured it would be something Microsoft
would fix in Vista SP2. I can't beleive all this time there was such a
simple solution.

[-S-I-Z-E-=-\-"-7-\-"-]-T-H-A-N-K-S-
-A-G-A-I-N-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-[/size]

--
Andymantoronto
Andymantoronto's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/andymantoronto.htm

Andymantoronto[_2_] January 15th 09 01:22 PM

"HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

For the problem Georguis is having, I had the same problem after I moved
the three suggested files to a back up file. I removed the mouse from
the bluetooth services list and then reinstalled it and it has been
working without interuption ever since.

scar January 19th 09 08:39 PM

"HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

If you move those 3 files away from the homedir the "green button" for
MCE on your HP remote control will stop working. I have dv9 series
laptop and ms laser mouse 8000. Same problem with HID data. I'm using
this mouse for pretty long time, and i am quiet sure that this problem
never appeared on previous version of quick launch buttons driver.
Knowing that HP don't give a youknowwhat about customers and bugs in
their own software, and also about frequent driver updates, i think that
we will have to deal with this problem for quiet a long time.

--
scar
scar's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/scar.htm

fredrocks January 31st 09 08:43 PM

"HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

I had the same problem when I installed a bluetooth mouse on my HP dv5.
I went to the HP website and went for "software and downloads" for my
model laptop.

Under the heading "Driver - Keyboard, Mouse & Input Devices", there's a
couple of entries for the HP Quick Launch Buttons.

Try the F version - it has a fix for "continuous loop", which seems to
describe the problem reasonably accurately...

--
fredrocks
fredrocks's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/fredrocks.htm

GratefulDean February 1st 09 07:02 AM

"HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

Same here, brand new hpdv3510nr with a microsoft mouse. I will try HP
in the morning.

--
GratefulDean

MacPE6 February 13th 09 02:34 AM

"HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

Hyosaburo;3980436 Wrote:
I was having the same problem with my bluetooth microsoft wireless
notebook presenter mouse 8000. The problem is created by an application
in the HP quick launch Buttons. I removed the application from the
launch buttons.

go to:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons

move the following files to a backup folder on your computer:

HidActn.dll
Hiddata
PushHid.dll

Then restart you computer and you should not have the errors and the
other things on your laptop should still be available.

I have also learned a great deal from this site and have also
registered so I can become smarter as well. This fix is the fix and
works FINE. I have an HP dv7 and had the same "HID data has stopped
working" error while using an old MS wireless elite mouse that has an
usb transmitter. It also kept hanging and I now also know why that did
what it did.

I have Vista 64 bit and the only thing that is different from the
original fix is that you need to go into

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons

The rest is the same. I changed all the extensions to .old as well as
making a second back up in a different location.
Thank you!!!!!

--
MacPE6
MacPE6's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/macpe6.htm

kristvi March 1st 09 04:00 PM

"HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

I have a brand new HP and the same problem. When I disabled quick launch
buttons, the problem was solved. I then wanted to try what Hyosaburo
recommended, but my problem is then : I am not able to find the files he
mentions (HIDDATA etc)... I have looked in Programfiles (two folders)
Hewlet packard... but the files are not there (I have also searched for
them)---
Any ideas to which files I should search for instead?

--
kristvi
kristvi's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/kristvi.htm

A30N March 24th 09 06:28 PM

"HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error

I have a HP tx2510us Tablet PC, and I just installed the latest build of
Windows 7 on it, 7057 x64. All was fine until I installed the HP Widcomm
bluetooth drivers, Quick Launch Buttons, and MS Intellipoint (for my
bluetooth presenter mouse 8000). Then I got that stupid error message.
After several rounds of uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, I found
your fix to deleting those 3 files in the HP folder. Worked like a
charm! My custom Tablet Buttons still work, mouse works, bluetooth
works, everthing works without anymore errors! I never would have
thought it was related to the Quick Launch Buttons. The are one of the
worst coded drivers/apps I've ever seen! Just try watching its activity
in RegMon/ProcMon, its insane. Thanks for the 411.

--
A30N
A30N's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/84903.htm