Recycle Bin Icon

Old August 21st 08, 04:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jim

Default Recycle Bin Icon

How can I get it back, some-how I have deleted the icon and I needed back

Jim
Old August 21st 08, 05:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
PaulM

Right click Desktop/Personalization/Change Desktop Icons/check Recycle Bin

www.paulsxp.com
www.paulsxp.com/forum
www.supportspace.com/home/home.s2?aiu=paulm

Old August 21st 08, 06:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John Barnett MVP[_3_]

See this link from my website:
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/acciden...lebin_icon.htm

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

Old August 21st 08, 09:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Brink

Hi Jim,

This tutorial will help show you how to restore the Recycle Bin.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/16...n-restore.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Jim;816186 Wrote:
How can I get it back, some-how I have deleted the icon and I needed
back

Jim

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

Old August 26th 08, 04:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
R. C. White

Hi, Jim.

The others told you how to get it back. You probably deleted it because of
the easily-misinterpreted menu.

Since you wanted to permanently delete everything in your Recycle Bin, you
probably right-clicked the bin and then clicked "Delete" - which deleted the
icon. :( Next time, click Empty Recycle Bin. ;)

It's a VERY common mistake. :^{

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA