Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 Cradle Problems

Old August 23rd 08, 11:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mark Stonecipher[_2_]

Default Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 Cradle Problems

I have a Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 which recharges on a cradle. Actually
have 2 which or having this problem. When placed on cradle for charging it
will blink 7 times and then go to a fast blinking red light. According to
Microsoft's Web site this is a charging problem (battery, etc.). These are
brand new rechargeable batteries and I have tried different ones same
problem. I have tried both cradles, plugged the cord in different places,
and tried everything I can possibly do. Have checked the web, and it seems
other people are having these cradle problems. Any ideas..

PS: Remember these are bluetooth devices and they work just fine, but will
not charge on the cradle, but you can manually charge these batteries...

Old August 24th 08, 02:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

I have found that if I left click the mouse once or twice when it is in the
cradle and flashing Red that it will stop and recharge normally.

Old August 27th 08, 02:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mark Stonecipher[_2_]

Nope, that doesnt work either..
Old August 28th 08, 09:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

I put mine in the cradle last night and sure enough it was blinking red this
morning I right and left clicked the mouse while still in the cradle a
couple of times and the red blinking stopped.

Old September 4th 08, 05:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Lisa Dorn

Mark Stonecipher;821009 Wrote:
Nope, that doesnt work either..

Mark,
I found this thread looking for answers for the same problem. The above
solution didn't work for me either, so in an atempt to get some charge
so I could work I kept picking the mouse up from the cradle each time it
started flashing red, on about the 4th or 5th try it never started
flashing red. I think the battery supply was so depleted it couldn't get
a good start for a charge. I will see if this works later in the day but
I must get back to work.
Good luck,
Lisa

--
Lisa Dorn
Old September 7th 08, 07:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
etch

I actually did the clicking things and it worked. I think the power
switch should be on ON position. Try it and let me know

--
etch
etch's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/etch.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old September 18th 08, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dfoster

I have recently had this probelm after my son start playing with my
mouse. I tried replacing the battery but that resulted in the same
problem of the red light flashing after a minute or so.

I checked the drivers on the keyboard the charger and the mouse and
they were not changed. So I decided to re-connect my mouse and keyboard.
This seems to have stopped the problem where the mouse would charge for
a minute or so and then start to blink red.

--
dfoster
dfoster's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/dfoster.htm

Old September 18th 08, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

The problem with the red light appears to be due to a unchangeable battery
or to the battery not making a good connection within the mouse itself and
therefore will not charge. One user has reported that just rolling the
battery in the mouse around that it apparently made a better connection and
the red light went away.

Old September 19th 08, 03:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dfoster[_2_]

Curious

That was what I thought was the problem with my mouse. So I rotated it
in the battery slot, I tried removing it and rubbing the terminals, I
tried replacing it with a different battery to no avail. In the end I
just re-connected the wireless connection by resetting the wireless
bluetooth connection using the wizard.

The problem has now disappered.