RTL8029 drivers for Vista?

Old August 25th 08, 05:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
rodier

Default RTL8029 drivers for Vista?

Hi all
Im searching for drivers for Realtek 8029 (10mbit pci) card for Vista
x64.
I know many cards have that chipset, and it was native supported in XP,
so I dont understand why they removed it in Vista.
When I try XP drivers from some manufacturers, it tell me, there is no
drivers for that device or its not x64.

Anyone know how to solve it? Maybe some trick to force install 32bit
drivers? I find here another topic, when someone told he have 8029
detected and working OK under Vista.. so I wonder why I dont see rtl8029
in Vista drivers.

thanks

--
rodier
Old August 25th 08, 06:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Spirit

There are no Vista Drivers for that card. NIC's are cheap, buy a new
10/100/1000 card. If old is built in be sure to disable it.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...ue #RTL8029AS

Clickable Link to same place :
http://tinyurl.com/y2dsgk

Realtek does say you can use the XP drivers under Vista - see link above.
http://www.realtek.com.tw/faqs/faqsV...PFid=1&Level=3

Old August 25th 08, 07:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charlie Tame

rodier wrote:
Hi all
Im searching for drivers for Realtek 8029 (10mbit pci) card for Vista
x64.
I know many cards have that chipset, and it was native supported in XP,
so I dont understand why they removed it in Vista.
When I try XP drivers from some manufacturers, it tell me, there is no
drivers for that device or its not x64.

Anyone know how to solve it? Maybe some trick to force install 32bit
drivers? I find here another topic, when someone told he have 8029
detected and working OK under Vista.. so I wonder why I dont see rtl8029
in Vista drivers.

thanks

What Spirit wrote, plus even some more modern cards that differ only by
version number fall down on 64 bit Vista drivers so make sure the store
give the option to return or some guarantee that the package means 64
bit drivers and not just 32 bit. Vista compatible on the packaging means
nothing.
Old August 25th 08, 07:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
rodier

i know NIC are cheap, but I dont know which one is fully x64 compatible.

--
rodier
Old August 26th 08, 05:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
andy

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:52:11 -0500, rodier
wrote:

i know NIC are cheap, but I dont know which one is fully x64 compatible.

Airlink ASOHORL 10/100Mbps PCI Network Card
http://shop4.frys.com/product/427829...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
http://www.airlinkplus.com/networking/asohorl.htm

ENCORE ENL832-TX-RE 10/ 100Mbps PCI Fast Ethernet card 1 x RJ45 -
Retail
http://www.encore-usa.com/product_it...2&pgid=9&pid=3

You shouldn't need the driver, but if you want the latest one,
http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=6&Level=5 &Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false