Vista Ultimate 64 BSOD

Old September 3rd 08, 10:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Default Vista Ultimate 64 BSOD

Hi,

Could be:

- Faulty memory
- Faulty, miss-seated or overclocked processor (either main cpu or video
gpu)
- Out of spec BIOS unsuitable for Vista x64

Most certainly it's hardware related.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Ness888" wrote in message

I am continually getting the following BSOD message

Problem is listed as

"Problem signatu
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 0000000000000061
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFFA60005EC180
BCP4: 0000000000000001
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Any idea what is causing the problem?Ness888;824847 Wrote:
[image:
http://img32.picoodle.com/data/img32...m_726ac43.jpg]

The error message reads" A clock interrupt was not received on a
secondary processor within the allocated time interval"
Technical info XXX Stop:0x00000101 (0x0000000000000061,
0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFA60005EC180, 0x0000000000000001)

--
Ness888

Old September 3rd 08, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Pete138[_29_]

It looks like a faulty processor or motherboard. Take a look at:
http://www.compuforums.org/internal/...processor.html

and:
http://forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?to...7810.msg903356

If you are running and AMD processor, try this page:
http://forums.amd.com/forum/messagev...=y&STARTPAGE=2

--
Pete138
Pete138's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/pete138.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old October 1st 08, 10:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RareAir23

Actually you're all wrong. The BSOD's language makes you think it's CPU
or mobo related but its not. I looked up a few sites before I came to
this one and the 0x00000101 Stop code actually means 90% of the time
there's something wrong with your video card (or video cards if you're
running in nVIDIA SLI or ATi Crossfire). It tracks to overclocking on
the cards starting to fail because the cooling system is dying. So
first troubleshooting step is to underclock your video card(s) back to
stock speeds. If that doesn't work, replace the video card. If that
doesn't work then it means the CPU is overheating. With that you detach
the HSF from the CPU, clean the excess cooling solution off the CPU and
HSF, reapply it to both and reseat both parts. That should get you
going. I am out!

--
RareAir23
Old October 19th 08, 09:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JamesWest

Guys you are probably running more than 2 gigs of ram try pulling 2 gigs
out and run 2 gigs on install!I got BSOD everytime and took out 2 gigs
and it installs you should be able to patch vista x64 to run 4 gigs
after install!!

--
JamesWest
Old October 19th 08, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ness888

I'm running 8GB of ram, got an identical machine which runs as sweet as
a nut, exact same config etc so think it must be a hardware issue of
some sort

--
Ness888
Old October 19th 08, 10:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
NormCameron

You are right. Could be RAM. A bad overclock will give you the same
message. Overheating is a definite possibility.

--
NormCameron
Old May 11th 09, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
kokos189

BCCode: 101
BCP1: 0000000000000030
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFFA60005EC180
BCP4: 0000000000000001
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1
im having this blue screen the most time when im listening to music or
surfing the net i overclocked it once too much but i thought it was a
windows so i format my pc but it only does it less times help me pls....

--
kokos189
Old May 11th 09, 07:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
R. C. White

Hi, kokos189.

Those code numbers are interesting, but what would really help is the Stop
Code (both the hexadecimal number and the name of the error). If your
computer is rebooting too quickly for you to read this information from the
BSOD, then you need to change the setting for what the computer should do on
System failure; the default is to "automatically restart".

To change the setting, go to Start | Control Panel | System | Advanced
system settings (You'll need Administrator credentials to get past here) |
Startup and recovery / Settings. Remove the check from Automatically
restart, and then OK your way out the the desktop. Next time, you'll still
need to reboot, but it wait all night if necessary for you to push the Reset
button. You'll have all the time you need to copy the code; post it here
and someone should be able to point you in the right direction to solve your
problem.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA