Vista Ultimate 64 BSOD

Old August 26th 08, 07:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ness888

Default Vista Ultimate 64 BSOD

I am continually getting the following BSOD message

Problem is listed as

"Problem signatu
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 0000000000000061
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFFA60005EC180
BCP4: 0000000000000001
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Any idea what is causing the problem?

--
Ness888
Old August 26th 08, 10:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Hi,

Insufficient information to provide a meaningful answer. When did it start?
How long has it been doing this? Did you install/update/remove anything
prior to it starting? Is this during setup/boot/while running software? If
so, what software? Are you overclocked?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Old August 26th 08, 10:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ramesh MVP[_46_]

Well require more information about BSOD title and error code etc...
More information can help to find exact solution for your problem.

--
Ramesh MVP

RAMESH KUMAR
Microsoft MVP: 'My MVP Profile'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Ramesh.Kumar)
My Blog: 'It's My Windows' (http://itsmywindows.com)
Ramesh MVP's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=17
View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20586

Old August 26th 08, 12:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ness888

I have the dmp file if that's any use? What other info are you looking
for? The above was shown on restart

--
Ness888
Old August 26th 08, 04:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
R. C. White

Hi, Ness888.

In Advanced System Properties, you can change the default setting for what
Vista should do on "System failure". The default is to "Restart". The blue
screen (BSOD) appears, but the computer immediately restarts, too quickly
for us to read the screen. If we change this default by unchecking the box,
the computer will halt until we press the Restart button, giving us all the
time we need to copy down the Stop Code, both the hex number and the text
label for the error code.

It's an easy job, but a long path to get the
Control Panel | System | Advanced System Settings (You'll need to supply the
Administrator password to get past here.) | Advanced tab | Startup and
Recovery / Settings.

Now, under System failure, UNcheck the box in front of Automatically
restart. OK your way out.

Next time, copy at least the Stop Code and all those long hexadecimal
numbers and type them verbatim into your next post. Then some of the gurus
here (not me!) will be able to interpret them and give you some directions.
Or you could Google for the Stop Code (stop +0x7b, for example) and learn
more about what is causing your problem.

By the way, the Forum where you posted your question simply relayed it to
the Microsoft public news server's
microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices newsgroup, where I am
reading it. If you would like to "cut out the middleman" and come directly
to this newsgroup, just click he

That one click, unless blocked by something like a corporate firewall, will
start your default newsreader (OE/WM/WLM, etc.); create a News Account for
you on the Microsoft public server, which is free and does not require a
logon; connect you to this NG; download the 300 newest messages (probably
including this one); and display the latest one for you to read. After some
familiarization, you can customize the newsreader (Tools | Options) to suit
yourself in many ways.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

Old August 31st 08, 01:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ness888

[image:
http://img32.picoodle.com/data/img32...m_726ac43.jpg]

--
Ness888
Old August 31st 08, 01:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ness888

I have uploaded a screenshot of the BSOD to my album and it shows the
errors, anyone able to help resolve this issue?

--
Ness888
Old August 31st 08, 01:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ness888

The error message reads" A clock interrupt was not received on a
secondary processor within the allocated time interval"
Technical info XXX Stop:0x00000101 (0x0000000000000061,
0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFA60005EC180, 0x0000000000000001)

--
Ness888
Old September 1st 08, 04:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ness888

Anyone able to help? Its driving me nuts!!

--
Ness888