Read only files

Old September 1st 08, 04:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
moshdog

Default Read only files

i have just recently become unable to download anything to any folder.
all of my folders are set to read only and every time i try to change
that setting, it switches back. i have set my permissions to full
control on all files and folders, except some that come back with access
denied. i have tried disabling the uac to no avail. any help on this
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Moshdog

--
moshdog
moshdog's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=405

Old September 1st 08, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Gordon[_5_]

"moshdog" wrote in message

i have just recently become unable to download anything to any folder.
all of my folders are set to read only and every time i try to change
that setting, it switches back. i have set my permissions to full
control on all files and folders, except some that come back with access
denied. i have tried disabling the uac to no avail. any help on this
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Moshdog

All folders in Windows (since XP anyway) are Read-only - it doesn't affect
access to the contents of them.
You need to be far more specific as to what happens when you try.

And please note - WinVistaclub forum leaches off the Microsoft Newsgroups,
so please follow Usenet custom in your reply by quoting the relevant parts
of the post you are replying to, and replying to the thread.

Thank you.

Old September 1st 08, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
moshdog[_2_]

Ok, i am trying to download a file for a class. an hour prior to
attempting this download, i was able to download a different file. now
every time i try to download something, the download does not show up
anywhere on my computer, regardless of where i try to save it to, even
an external hard drive and a flash drive. i use firefox, and in the
download window, the "open", "open containing folder" and "go to
download page" options are unavailable for all downloads.

Old September 2nd 08, 09:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Hank Arnold (MVP)

Gordon wrote:
"moshdog" wrote in message

All folders in Windows (since XP anyway) are Read-only - it doesn't
affect access to the contents of them.

Never knew that......... Thanks..............

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold