Media Center does not recognize 2nd TV Tuner

Old September 7th 08, 05:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dkinnett

Default Media Center does not recognize 2nd TV Tuner

I have a Velocity Micro system running Windows Vista Ultimate. I have 4
TV tuners installed. Two of them are ATI DCT (Digital Cable Tuners) that
accomodate cable cards, and the other two are ATI 650 Pro tuners (which
are analog). I ran Media Center set up. The first DCT was recognized and
works correctly. I have tried a million different things and I cannot
get Media Center to recognize the 2nd DCT, or even the two analog
tuners. The error message I get is as follows:
TV SIGNAL CONFIGURATION RESULT
1 tuner detected and configured. Additional tuners were detected but
will not be configured because either they do not have a matching TV
signal or any TV signal at all.
All the tuners have working Cox Cable signals attached to them. All the
tuners are recognized in the device manager and are stated to be working
properly. All the tuners have updated firmware and drivers. The Norton
software was taken off the system to eliminate a firewall issue.
ANY IDEAS?

--
dkinnett

Old September 7th 08, 05:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
V Green

Drivers for identical hardware MUST be written
to accomodate multiple instances of the device
it's intended for. Very few are.

If the driver assumes it's only going to see one
device, and one device only, it won't work. Video
hardware is particularly picky in this regard as it
interacts with DirectShow and other components
of the OS.

Contact ATI and ask them about multiple identical
devices in the same system. It is possible to have
multiple capture devices (which, at the hardware
level, is what these "tuners" are) IF the mgfr writes
drivers that allow it (I have multiple Winnov capture
cards installed).

Old September 7th 08, 06:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barb Bowman

you need to set up with either 2 DCTs or two 650 Pro analogs. you
can't mix and match DCTs and other cable TV sources.

On Sun, 7 Sep 2008 18:00:32 +0100, dkinnett
wrote:

[...]

MS-MVP
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com
Old September 7th 08, 06:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barb Bowman

the OP should have no issues configuring two DCTs. the problem is he
is trying to use two different types of tuners (2 of each flavor).
Velocity Micro should have told him this.