Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

"Logon Process has failed to create the security options dialog." Error Message

Old February 22nd 09, 06:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
prosen123

Default "Logon Process has failed to create the security options dialog." Error Message

Thank you for your post. I had the exact same problem and chkdsk solved
it.

--
prosen123
Old March 21st 10, 11:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
pjg[_2_]

For what it is worth.
I run McAfee Security with built-in Firewall, Virus Control, etc etc.
and also Lavasoft Ad-aware for Spyware control on a Dell Latitude
Laptop. I had a regular update of Ad-aware a few days ago, and shortly
afterwards the PC slowed right down - painfully slow - and everything
was taking ages. CTL ALT Delete didn't work and it took almost an hour
to get the system monitoring tools up to look at CPU usage etc. Tried
to shutdown and restart but got the dreaded "Logon process has failed to
create the security options dialog ..." pop-up window on a black screen
during the restart. Proceeded on but PC still very slow.
I suspected a clash of Ad-aware and McAfee so I uninstalled McAfee and
then re-installed it from scratch in case ad-aware had screwed some of
the McAfee DLLs, but to no effect.
Restarted again but to no effect.
Finally decided to uninstall ad-aware and rely on McAfee for spyware
control - as soon as I did this and restarted, the PC returned to normal
operations and speed.

--
pjg

Old May 11th 10, 02:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
jpro77

I am getting the same error message, but it started happening after I
let a child use my computer. I had to start it back up after the battery
died, and I told him to come and get me when it was ready for me to sign
on for him. I am thinking that he pushed some buttons or did some typing
in the DOS screen as it was booting up. Does this change what the fix
would be? His daddy knows computers, and said he would run some
diagnostics on it for me this weekend. I just thought it would be
helpful to give him some info on it.

thanks.

--
jpro77
jpro77's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/219027.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old May 13th 10, 12:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
pjg[_2_]

I don't know if I can help, as I'm not any sort of techie at the
operating system level.
My problem - as you can see from my post - was cured by removing the
Ad-aware program. I'm assuming it was caused by a clash of spyware
check programs with/without the operating system, since removing one
caused the problem to disappear.
If you look at the thread of others with the same problem, they seem to
have it from two firewalls clashing, or two virus checking programs etc.
Maybe your child started a second virus check program or firewall
program?

--
pjg