Deleteing Files in a folder based on date!

Old September 10th 08, 01:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
wiseteufel via WindowsKB.com

Default Deleteing Files in a folder based on date!

Hi -

I have a folder that contains about 250,000 zipped files. Windows explorer is
having tremendous difficulty opening such folder, even when it displays
results (after 10 or so minutes) it hangs after I even highlight any files
for deletion. a lot of these files go back to 2006 and 2007.

I kindly NEED a DOS batch file or some script that I would enable me to
delete the files that are older than may 2008 (In other words delete files
between May 2008 and May 2006).

Thank You, and your efforts are much appreciated in advance.

wiseteufel

Old September 10th 08, 02:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
tweakwindows[_16_]

Why don't you use Windows Advanced search? I hope you are using
Vista...Go advanced search and use BEFORE May 2008..

--
tweakwindows

'http://www.tweakwindows.co.cc' (www.tweakwindows.co.cc)
'Exclusive:Create Live CD/DVD/USB Of Vista or XP or Se7en'
(http://tinyurl.com/5z7jdo)
tweakwindows's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=135
View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21863

Old September 10th 08, 03:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
adaher008 via WindowsKB.com

tweakwindows wrote:
Why don't you use Windows Advanced search? I hope you are using
Vista...Go advanced search and use BEFORE May 2008..

Sorry I thought I was in the Windows 2003 Server Section .. Le me repost
somewhere else. .