Mass Storage Controller

Old September 11th 08, 11:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mass Storage Controller Win x64

Default Mass Storage Controller

Hi Guys

I am having some problem with my laptop. Currently I installed my lappy
from vista x32 to enterprise x64. However because of the
bit difference i guess, i have to search for the drivers.

All seems fine except for this "mass storage controller" which i can't
find the drivers online. My device it's a hard disk 200gb connected by USB.

Can some kind soul please help?

Old September 12th 08, 11:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Malke[_2_]

Mass Storage Controller Win x64 wrote:

Hi Guys

I am having some problem with my laptop. Currently I installed my lappy
from vista x32 to enterprise x64. However because of the
bit difference i guess, i have to search for the drivers.

All seems fine except for this "mass storage controller" which i can't
find the drivers online. My device it's a hard disk 200gb connected by
USB.

Can some kind soul please help?

Where did you look for drivers? Since you have a laptop, you would only find
drivers on the laptop mftr.'s website. If there are none, then you are
probably out of luck. Sometimes the missing Mass Storage Controller is a
Ricoh or Texas Instruments built-in SD/card reader so perhaps you
overlooked that one.

One thing that sometimes works is to install drivers for the MSC from a very
similar model laptop. Since you didn't mention the laptop make/model, I
can't give you more specific advice.

Malke
--
MS-MVP