Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Windows Vista mail - Can't send mail

Old September 12th 08, 07:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Default Windows Vista mail - Can't send mail

That type of error is often caused by interference from a non-
compatible antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem,
consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to
suffering bad effects from overly intrusive antivirus programs.
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
explained he
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"srbolden" wrote in message ...
I'm also getting an error message when I try to send mail. It was working
earlier today. I get "Unknown error has occurred" UID store completed. How
do I fix this error? Anyone?
--
srbolden

Old September 12th 08, 07:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Any error message?
Go to Tools, Options, Security, uncheck "Do not allow attachments..."
and uncheck "Block images..."

If no improvement, which antivirus are you running?

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Dodee" wrote in message ...
I am new to Vista I can't send attachments nor pictures in an email.
I could use some help as well.

Old September 12th 08, 01:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
SIW2

Hi,

Is there a common thread here, are you all using a yahoo POP3 account ?

SIW2

--
SIW2
Old September 12th 08, 01:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
sawdustar[_3_]

Hello SIW2....

I was with SBC Global when they were purchased and then my services
were under AT&T Yahoo with me still keeping my sbcglobal domain name.

The last time this happened...can't send email....it was Symantec
Antivirus or the Internet Security Suite. I then installed the MS
OneCare for backups, virus protection, and such as that. It's been
working really great up until Monday or Tuesday of this week. I don't
know if any updates were pushed from Microsoft on that date, but I have
my machine to check for updates at 3AM and apply them.

My logic, right or wrong, was that IF the security/virus software was
by Microsoft and my operating system was by Microsoft AND my email
software was by Microsoft? How could I go wrong. Been really nice up
until now.

Instead of guessing....is there any logging and debugging that I can
turn on to see what's happening?

--
sawdustar
Old September 12th 08, 01:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Armin Saez

hi there

i'm having the same problem, i just change my email client, from wm to wlm
and the problem still continues

i'm try to uninstall my antivirus, but i don't think that this is a very
good idea.
i'm goin to let you know after make this
Best reggards
--
-----------------------------
Sin mas, saluda atte. a Uds.

PD: Los tildes se han suprimido intencionalmente.
"Gary VanderMolen" escribió en el mensaje
Can you do a trial uninstall of your antivirus?
Presumably you can always reinstall it if there is no difference.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"sawdustar" wrote in message

OK...so I installed the Windows Live mail and all it's "stuff". Now I
just get a different looking error. I can still receive mail messages
just fine......just can NOT send.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
inactivity.
Subject ' I found'
Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes

Next Guess...???

--
sawdustar

Old September 12th 08, 02:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Armin Saez

Hi
I have the problem first with WM and mccafee antivirus, now i change to wml
and eset antivirus, now i uninstall the antivirus, but the problem still
continue, i tryed to send it from windows in the safe mode (F8), but it
still not work.

reggards

--
-----------------------------

Old September 12th 08, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
SIW2

Hi,

Gary's advice is sound, of course.

You may be concerned that you (or more likely someone else using your
machine, e.g. your kids ) may absently mindedly open an attachment in
your email program.

In that case, try using an antivirus that is less likely to interfere -
Avast free home edition is a good choice.

Hope this helps

SIW2

--
SIW2
Old September 12th 08, 03:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Armin Saez

Ok
i solved it by apply the removal tool from McCafee antivirus page:
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocumen...107083&lc=1033

now i instal my eset antivirus and work ok!!! i can send mail properly!!

Thank for the patience!!!
thank for the ideas!!!

best reggards

--
-----------------------------

Old September 12th 08, 05:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Thanks for your report.
It never ceases to amaze me how both McAfee and Norton leave
so much crud behind when uninstalled that they still gum up
Windows Mail! I don't trust companies that can't even write a
successful uninstall module for their software.

Old September 12th 08, 05:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

You just gave me the clue I needed. You are not using the
correct mail servers for Yahoo's AT&T/SBC customers. Change
the SMTP server to smtp.att.yahoo.com, and the POP3 server
to pop.att.yahoo.com. Your other settings are correct, but for
future reference, the complete settings are documented he
http://helpme.att.net/article.php?item=10707