Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Windows Vista mail - Can't send mail

Old September 12th 08, 10:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
sawdustar[_3_]

Default Windows Vista mail - Can't send mail

Very helpful there Gary..!!!!

Yes...that did resolve the problem.

A while back, my email stopped working. Come to find out ATT had
changed the incoming and outgoing mail servers. Changed it to what they
said at that time and it started working again. This time it appears
that they changed something again?

Any way....maybe I'm just dreaming all this up...I know if I were in
your shoes reading all this...that I'd think the same exact
thing....this dude has GOT to be a fry shy of a happy meal.!!!!!!

Thanks Gary and SIW2.

--
sawdustar
Old September 13th 08, 12:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
ramin...

"hii i have vista but i've been having some problems !!!
i tryed to send a compressed file to my gmail account and it didn't work !!
said not enough space or sumthing
Old September 13th 08, 01:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

You're very welcome. Glad I could help.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

Old September 13th 08, 01:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Hard to say without more details. Do you get an error message when
you try to send regular emails?
Right-click on the error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without that complete error message.

Old November 8th 08, 07:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
jcjayhawk

One thing that I don't understand is why anyone would want t save seven years
of e-mail ...Must be important stuff. Mostly junk usually. Surely there
must be a way to save only mportant stuff into a folder or two or even three,
and trash the rest. Takes my-mail software much longer to build files and
folders evey time I open up unless I do make these file smaller ...

"sawdustar" wrote:

Will Live Mail allow me to move all my existing emails and folders over
to it??

I lost 7 years worth of email when I went from XP Pro to Vista and the
Vista box would not run Outlook Express XP Edition. I bought the blasted
Pro Office Suite and all the apps worked except for the email app....so
I dropped it and went to Vista mail...because it was already there.

--
sawdustar

Old November 8th 08, 07:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
jcjayhawk

Armin ...

I would get someone with experience to check your SMTP mail settings...

"Armin Saez" wrote:

Hello
I'm from Chile, i'm having the same problem with windows mail, can't send
mail with attached files, but i can receive mails with no problems. this
happens since about 3 days ago.

I used to have mccafee antivirus installed, but i changed it for eset
antivirus, but the problem still happens.

I don't know what else can i do. If you know some fix patch, please let me
know or if there is any solution for this issue, i'll be very grace full.

best reggards!!!
--
-----------------------------
Sin mas, saluda atte. a Uds.

PD: Los tildes se han suprimido intencionalmente.

Old November 8th 08, 07:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Paul & Deanne

this is sorted i rang my service provider and removed my accounts through
options the re added them and they now work...

Old January 31st 09, 04:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: NOILLE

"sawdustar" a écrit dans le message de

Here's the message I'm getting:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
inactivity. Subject ' I found your profile on Ancestry - requesting
more information', Account: 'Dennis', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com',
Computer - Dell XPS-410, 2.0GHz Dual-Core processor, 4GB of RAM, 500GB
RAID disk.
Vista Business Edition

Email was working up until 3 days ago.
Problem used to be caused by Norton AntiVirus software.
I converted over to Windows OneCare Live back in January and never had
a problem until 3 days ago.

No...I have not made any changes to my machine. Just woke up one
morning this week and could not SEND mail. I can RECEIVE mail just fine.
My wife has a user account on the same exact machine. Her email is
working fine. Anybody know of any security updates that could have hosed
up the "primary/admin" mail setup? I've double checked all the setting
between hers that is working and with mine that isn't working....in case
my wife changed anything in my email settings...which isn't very likely
since she is not very good with computers at all.

Thoughts???

--
sawdustar

Old December 7th 10, 06:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
jane webb

Default OK...so I installed the Windows Live mail and all it's "stuff".

cant send mail in windows mail what can i do

On Thursday, September 11, 2008 5:42 PM sawdustar wrote:

Here's the message I'm getting:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
inactivity. Subject ' I found your profile on Ancestry - requesting
more information', Account: 'Dennis', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

[...]

On Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:02 PM SIW2 wrote:

Hi,

You could try deleting the the offending account , restarting Windows
Mail and setting it up again. This sometimes does the trick.

Or you could try Windows Live Mail , which is more robust

'www.getlive.com' (http://www.getlive.com)

Hope this helps

SIW2

--
SIW2

On Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:12 PM sawdustar wrote:

Will Live Mail allow me to move all my existing emails and folders over
to it??

I lost 7 years worth of email when I went from XP Pro to Vista and the
Vista box would not run Outlook Express XP Edition. I bought the blasted
Pro Office Suite and all the apps worked except for the email app....so
I dropped it and went to Vista mail...because it was already there.

--
sawdustar

On Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:47 PM SIW2 wrote:

Hi,

Both WM and WLM store messages in the .eml format.

If you look in WM under FileExportMessages, you will see Windows Mail
as a format

WLM also has Windows Mail as a format under FileImportMessages

Don't see how you could lose messages or contacts, unless you delete
them.

In any case you can't uninstall WM so you can always open that and use
it instead of WLM if you like.

Hope this helps

SIW2

--
SIW2

On Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:04 PM Armin Saez wrote:

Hello
I'm from Chile, i'm having the same problem with windows mail, can't send
mail with attached files, but i can receive mails with no problems. this
happens since about 3 days ago.

I used to have mccafee antivirus installed, but i changed it for eset
antivirus, but the problem still happens.

I don't know what else can i do. If you know some fix patch, please let me
know or if there is any solution for this issue, i'll be very grace full.

best reggards!!!
--
-----------------------------
Sin mas, saluda atte. a Uds.
Armin Saez

PD: Los tildes se han suprimido intencionalmente.

"sawdustar" escribi? en el mensaje

On Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:11 PM srbolde wrote:

I'm also getting an error message when I try to send mail. It was working
earlier today. I get "Unknown error has occurred" UID store completed. How
do I fix this error? Anyone?
--
srbolden

"sawdustar" wrote:

On Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:58 PM sawdustar wrote:

OK...so I installed the Windows Live mail and all it's "stuff". Now I
just get a different looking error. I can still receive mail messages
just fine......just can NOT send.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
inactivity.
Subject ' I found'
Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes

Next Guess...???

--
sawdustar

On Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:39 PM Dode wrote:

I am new to Vista I cannot send attachments nor pictures in an email.
I could use some help as well.

"Armin Saez" wrote:

On Friday, September 12, 2008 3:32 AM Gary VanderMolen wrote:

Can you do a trial uninstall of your antivirus?
Presumably you can always reinstall it if there is no difference.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

causes
of

On Friday, September 12, 2008 3:37 AM Gary VanderMolen wrote:

After McAfee is uninstalled, be sure to follow up with their=20
debris removal tool:
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocumen...7083&lc=3D1033

Regardless of which antivirus you use, you should disable its=20
email scanning, for the reason explained he
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm
=20
--=20
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Armin Saez" wrote in message =
send=20
this=20
let me=20
full.
over
the
blasted
app....so

On Friday, September 12, 2008 3:40 AM Gary VanderMolen wrote:

That type of error is often caused by interference from a non-
compatible antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,=20
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your =
problem,
consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to=20
suffering bad effects from overly intrusive antivirus programs.
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons=20
explained he
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...g/index.htm=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"srbolden" wrote in message =
working=20
completed. How=20

On Friday, September 12, 2008 3:44 AM Gary VanderMolen wrote:

Any error message?
Go to Tools, Options, Security, uncheck "Do not allow attachments..."
and uncheck "Block images..."

If no improvement, which antivirus are you running?

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Dodee" wrote in message =

On Friday, September 12, 2008 9:33 AM SIW2 wrote:

Hi,

Is there a common thread here, are you all using a yahoo POP3 account ?

SIW2

--
SIW2

On Friday, September 12, 2008 9:43 AM sawdustar wrote:

Hello SIW2....

I was with SBC Global when they were purchased and then my services
were under AT&T Yahoo with me still keeping my sbcglobal domain name.

The last time this happened...can't send email....it was Symantec
Antivirus or the Internet Security Suite. I then installed the MS
OneCare for backups, virus protection, and such as that. It's been
working really great up until Monday or Tuesday of this week. I don't
know if any updates were pushed from Microsoft on that date, but I have
my machine to check for updates at 3AM and apply them.

My logic, right or wrong, was that IF the security/virus software was
by Microsoft and my operating system was by Microsoft AND my email
software was by Microsoft? How could I go wrong. Been really nice up
until now.

Instead of guessing....is there any logging and debugging that I can
turn on to see what's happening?

--
sawdustar

On Friday, September 12, 2008 9:56 AM Armin Saez wrote:

hi there

i'm having the same problem, i just change my email client, from wm to wlm
and the problem still continues

i'm try to uninstall my antivirus, but i don't think that this is a very
good idea.
i'm goin to let you know after make this
Best reggards
--
-----------------------------
Sin mas, saluda atte. a Uds.
Armin Saez

PD: Los tildes se han suprimido intencionalmente.
"Gary VanderMolen" escribi? en el mensaje
Can you do a trial uninstall of your antivirus?
Presumably you can always reinstall it if there is no difference.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"sawdustar" wrote in message

On Friday, September 12, 2008 10:15 AM Armin Saez wrote:

Hi
I have the problem first with WM and mccafee antivirus, now i change to wml
and eset antivirus, now i uninstall the antivirus, but the problem still
continue, i tryed to send it from windows in the safe mode (F8), but it
still not work.

reggards

--
-----------------------------
Sin mas, saluda atte. a Uds.
Armin Saez

PD: Los tildes se han suprimido intencionalmente.
"sawdustar" escribi? en el mensaje

On Friday, September 12, 2008 10:43 AM SIW2 wrote:

Hi,

Gary's advice is sound, of course.

You may be concerned that you (or more likely someone else using your
machine, e.g. your kids ) may absently mindedly open an attachment in
your email program.

In that case, try using an antivirus that is less likely to interfere -
Avast free home edition is a good choice.

Hope this helps

SIW2

--
SIW2

On Friday, September 12, 2008 11:50 AM Armin Saez wrote:

Ok
i solved it by apply the removal tool from McCafee antivirus page:
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocumen...107083&lc=1033

now i instal my eset antivirus and work ok!!! i can send mail properly!!

Thank for the patience!!!
thank for the ideas!!!

best reggards

--
-----------------------------
Sin mas, saluda atte. a Uds.
Armin Saez

PD: Los tildes se han suprimido intencionalmente.
"Armin Saez" escribi? en el mensaje

On Friday, September 12, 2008 1:05 PM Gary VanderMolen wrote:

Thanks for your report.
It never ceases to amaze me how both McAfee and Norton leave
so much crud behind when uninstalled that they still gum up
Windows Mail! I don't trust companies that can't even write a
successful uninstall module for their software.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Armin Saez" wrote in message =
properly!!
to=20
problem=20
(F8), but=20
name.
don't
have
was

On Friday, September 12, 2008 1:15 PM Gary VanderMolen wrote:

You just gave me the clue I needed. You are not using the
correct mail servers for Yahoo's AT&T/SBC customers. Change
the SMTP server to smtp.att.yahoo.com, and the POP3 server=20
to pop.att.yahoo.com. Your other settings are correct, but for=20
future reference, the complete settings are documented he
http://helpme.att.net/article.php?item=3D10707

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"sawdustar" wrote in message =
have

On Friday, September 12, 2008 8:30 PM ramin.. wrote:

"hii i have vista but i've been having some problems !!!
i tryed to send a compressed file to my gmail account and it did not work !!

On Friday, September 12, 2008 9:28 PM Gary VanderMolen wrote:

You're very welcome. Glad I could help.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

they

On Friday, September 12, 2008 9:30 PM Gary VanderMolen wrote:

Hard to say without more details. Do you get an error message when
you try to send regular emails?
Right-click on the error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without that complete error message.=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"ramin..." wrote in message =
work !!

"Armin Saez" wrote:

On Saturday, November 08, 2008 3:44 AM Paul & Deanne wrote:

this is sorted i rang my service provider and removed my accounts through
options the re added them and they now work...

On Saturday, January 31, 2009 12:02 PM TOURETTE wrote:

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Microsoft ASP.NET For Beginners
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/training-...NET/7/ASP.aspx

Old December 7th 10, 09:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
mac

"jane webb" wrote in message
cant send mail in windows mail what can i do

Start out by copying and pasting back here the unedited error message that
you get when it fails.

My crystal Ball is broken.

--
Regards Steve.