Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Windows Vista mail - Can't send mail

Old September 11th 08, 09:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
sawdustar[_3_]

Default Windows Vista mail - Can't send mail

Here's the message I'm getting:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
inactivity. Subject ' I found your profile on Ancestry - requesting
more information', Account: 'Dennis', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Computer - Dell XPS-410, 2.0GHz Dual-Core processor, 4GB of RAM, 500GB
RAID disk.
Vista Business Edition

Email was working up until 3 days ago.
Problem used to be caused by Norton AntiVirus software.
I converted over to Windows OneCare Live back in January and never had
a problem until 3 days ago.

No...I have not made any changes to my machine. Just woke up one
morning this week and could not SEND mail. I can RECEIVE mail just fine.
My wife has a user account on the same exact machine. Her email is
working fine. Anybody know of any security updates that could have hosed
up the "primary/admin" mail setup? I've double checked all the setting
between hers that is working and with mine that isn't working....in case
my wife changed anything in my email settings...which isn't very likely
since she is not very good with computers at all.

Thoughts???

--
sawdustar
Old September 11th 08, 10:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
SIW2

Hi,

You could try deleting the the offending account , restarting Windows
Mail and setting it up again. This sometimes does the trick.

Or you could try Windows Live Mail , which is more robust

'www.getlive.com' (http://www.getlive.com)

Hope this helps

SIW2

--
SIW2
Old September 11th 08, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
sawdustar[_3_]

Will Live Mail allow me to move all my existing emails and folders over
to it??

I lost 7 years worth of email when I went from XP Pro to Vista and the
Vista box would not run Outlook Express XP Edition. I bought the blasted
Pro Office Suite and all the apps worked except for the email app....so
I dropped it and went to Vista mail...because it was already there.

--
sawdustar
Old September 11th 08, 10:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
SIW2

Hi,

Both WM and WLM store messages in the .eml format.

If you look in WM under FileExportMessages, you will see Windows Mail
as a format

WLM also has Windows Mail as a format under FileImportMessages

Don't see how you could lose messages or contacts, unless you delete
them.

In any case you can't uninstall WM so you can always open that and use
it instead of WLM if you like.

Hope this helps

SIW2

--
SIW2
Old September 11th 08, 11:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Armin Saez

Hello
I'm from Chile, i'm having the same problem with windows mail, can't send
mail with attached files, but i can receive mails with no problems. this
happens since about 3 days ago.

I used to have mccafee antivirus installed, but i changed it for eset
antivirus, but the problem still happens.

I don't know what else can i do. If you know some fix patch, please let me
know or if there is any solution for this issue, i'll be very grace full.

best reggards!!!
--
-----------------------------
Sin mas, saluda atte. a Uds.

PD: Los tildes se han suprimido intencionalmente.

Old September 12th 08, 02:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
srbolden

I'm also getting an error message when I try to send mail. It was working
earlier today. I get "Unknown error has occurred" UID store completed. How
do I fix this error? Anyone?
--
srbolden

Old September 12th 08, 02:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
sawdustar[_3_]

OK...so I installed the Windows Live mail and all it's "stuff". Now I
just get a different looking error. I can still receive mail messages
just fine......just can NOT send.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
inactivity.
Subject ' I found'
Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes

Next Guess...???

--
sawdustar
Old September 12th 08, 03:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Dodee

I am new to Vista I can't send attachments nor pictures in an email.
I could use some help as well.

Old September 12th 08, 07:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Can you do a trial uninstall of your antivirus?
Presumably you can always reinstall it if there is no difference.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"sawdustar" wrote in message ...

OK...so I installed the Windows Live mail and all it's "stuff". Now I
just get a different looking error. I can still receive mail messages
just fine......just can NOT send.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
inactivity.
Subject ' I found'

Old September 12th 08, 07:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

After McAfee is uninstalled, be sure to follow up with their
debris removal tool:
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocumen...107083&lc=1033

Regardless of which antivirus you use, you should disable its
email scanning, for the reason explained he
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm