Iphone 3G crashing on pc

Old September 12th 08, 11:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
injics

Default Iphone 3G crashing on pc

Hi everybody...I just would like to share something with all of yours...

If anyone of yours is attempting to install the Iphone 3G on your
Windows Vista PC, make sure to uninstall all webcam controllers that you
might have installed. It looks like this new iPhone is clashing against
webcam controllers. I have no idea why this happens, but believe me:
when I first purchased my iPhone 3G two days ago, I felt a lot of
frustration when I realized that just after plugging it into an USB
port, the PC asked me to download the very latest version of iTunes
which I certainly did; and then, the whole PC started to blink and
behaving just like if it was one of those lamps of a disco-ligthning
system. After after a few trial and error attempts, it just stopped
doing it after I uninstalled my MS LifeCam. I asked a friend about it
and he told me that he experienced exactly the same with his Logitech
webcam installed. So I fully recommend to whoever wants to install a
brand new iPhone to do this and save precious time and effort.

Regards to all from MEXICO....

injics

--
injics
Old September 13th 08, 02:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Galen[_2_]

My reply is at the bottom of your sent message.

In ,
injics typed:

[...]

CFI:

iTunes 8 causes Windows Vista problems:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-100...orsPicksArea.0

--
Galen (Not Current MS-MVP)

My Geek Site: http://kgiii.info
Web Hosting: http://whathostingshould.be

"In solving a problem of this sort, the grand thing is to be able to reason
backwards. That is a very useful accomplishment, and a
very easy one, but people do not practise it much. In the every-day affairs
of life it is more useful to reason forwards, and so
the other comes to be neglected. There are fifty who can reason
synthetically for one who can reason analytically." - Sherlock
Holmes

Old September 13th 08, 08:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nogginsaked

Apple excels at design and PR.
They create excellent sizzle but the steak itself is often not what the
sizzle would lead you to anticipate.
Apple computers are mid-level Intel boxes that look nice but sell at premium
prices for the hardware that is in them. The vast majority of Apple computer
users never tax their machines and could be running Win 3.x for what they do
on them.
Whether or not the Apple OS is more user friendly than Microsoft OSes is a
debate for those who want to count how many angels can sit on a pinhead.
The Ipod is a great gadget but still lacks simple features like FM tuning
and remains tethered to a computer for everything except passive listening.
In its basic functions the Ipod has not evolved at all.
Safari is one awful piece of software. The Itunes interface follows an
ancient one way hierarchical structure that is years behind the curve for
graphical interfaces and, as the original poster noted, was obviously not
even minimally tested before being pushed out on millions of users.
Oh well, Steve Jobs is God and John McCain is a genuine war-hero, so the
mantra goes.