Vista has another CD Drive, Where it came from?

Old September 15th 08, 01:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
n.design

Default Vista has another CD Drive, Where it came from?

I wonder why where did the CD Drive F came from?
How can I delete that? I only have one Drive the DVD RW Drive

Here's the screenshot
[image: http://i38.tinypic.com/spk8x2.gif]

Please Help me.. and Thanks in advance..

--
n.design
Old September 15th 08, 01:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
scrooge[_63_]

do you have a usb flash drive ? cause in my system when i put the flash
drive
in, it comes up as (cd drive (h u3 system). also did you try clicking
on it?
scrooge

--
scrooge

ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP P35 ATX Intel
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 / 3.00 GHz processor
SAPPHIRE 100225L Radeon HD 3870 512MB
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Thermaltake Toughpower 600W Power Supply
Old September 15th 08, 01:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
n.design

Yes I have my Flash Drive.
How will I fix it?

--
n.design
Old September 15th 08, 01:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
scrooge[_63_]

not realy sure that's why i just leave it at cd drive.
there maybe a bios setting for it, but like i said it's no big deal to
me.
scrooge

Old September 15th 08, 01:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
n.design

ok, then, thanks

--
n.design
Old September 15th 08, 06:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
R. C. White

Hi, n.design.

Disk Management is the tool that we use (ever since Windows 2000) to manage
hard disk partitions, optical drives, USB flash drives, cameras and card
readers - and just about any other device that can be assigned a "drive"
letter.

If we don't specifically assign a letter to a new device, it will typically
be assigned the next available letter at the time it is connected. Some
devices, like a multi-slot card reader, may be assigned multiple letters for
the multiple "drives".

I'm not sure why your Vista thinks you have an extra drive. Run Disk
Management and see what it tells you about each device in your system.
There are several ways to start DM; my favorite is just to press Start, type
"diskmgmt.msc" and press Enter (then Maximize the window so I don't feel
like I'm working through a keyhole).

The other DM (Device Manager) may also hold some clues. If you tell us the
make and model of your CD/DVD drive, someone might recognize it and know
about its quirks.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

Old September 15th 08, 08:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Timothy Davis [MSFT]

This is done by certain thumb drive manufacturers. When plugged in, the
physical device enumerates two virtual devices: A virtual cdrom, and a
storage drive.

The virtual cdrom will cause autoplay to run whatever application the vendor
wants to assist you in managing the content on your drive.

Old October 13th 08, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rojo Habe[_3_]

It's there because your flash drive came with software preinstalled,
probably for synchronising or backup purposes. It has a small partition set
to look like a CD drive containing the software and an autorun.inf file. If
you never use this software you can just reformat the flash drive and that
should get rid of it. Otherwise just ignore it.

Obviously, copy everything to your hard drive before reformatting, and back
again afterwards, or you'll lose it.

"n.design" wrote in message

ok, then, thanks

--