How to make calibration color profile stick in '2nd identity'?

Old September 15th 08, 02:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Imageman[_2_]

Default How to make calibration color profile stick in '2nd identity'?

Vista 64bit | Samsung 205BW calibrated Displays | Spyder2 /
Colorvision updated for Vista 64bit | Two Identities

PROBLEM
I have two identities on my Vista PC. The main identity is for general
activity and the second is for business use. I calibrated my dislays in
my main identity and the calibration works fine, and looks great.
However, when I log on to my second identity the Colorvision dialog
comes up and asks me to use the Colorvision ‘Profile Chooser' to pick
the calibration profile I want to use. A Profile Chooser upgrade that
runs does not seem to be available with the Colorvision upgrade for
Vista 64bit, and the old version won't run.

QUESTION
Is there a way to make the calibrated profile which works fine in my
main identity stick in my second identity?

Thank you for your help - IM
Old September 15th 08, 09:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nogginsaked

Calibration in Vista is less stable than XP.
This is simply a fact that SP1 does not correct and if you have not noticed
this on your own then you should.
Operations that bring up the UAC, and many other advisory Windows as well as
certain programs, will unload the calibration data from your video card.
The only time I ever experience unloading of the calibration data in XP is
when playing high end 3-d games, e.g Crysis, which take over your video card
settings and do not resume all your prior settings when you return to the
Windows desktop.
This is very easy to verify on your own.
Simply run the Spyder calibration utility until it is at its first step and
simply turn the program off.
This will reload your calibration data.
If you see a change in your screen image, signifying reloading of the
calibration data, then you have verified Vista's instability with regard to
color profiles.
The bottom line: before you run Photoshop in Vista it is in your best
interest to make sure the calibration data is loaded and running, regardless
of identity.
Unless you are pursuing color managed printing calibration does not matter
anyway. If you are pursuing color managed printing then it behooves you to
make sure your settings are correct before a printing run.