WMC cannot detect IR Hardware

Old September 17th 08, 05:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jimmy Hsu

Default WMC cannot detect IR Hardware

I have a TV Tuner card on my new HP Pavilion Elite m9398d Desktop PC. I'm
trying to set up Vista's Windows Media Center to work with the HP Remote
Control that came with the HP PC. WMC detected the TV signals from my
Cable Set top Box with no problems. However, it kept insisting that the IR
hardware is not detected. Hence, I've not been able to set up the HP
Remote. Someone said I needed the eHome IR driver for the Remote to
detect the built in IR hardware. Then another person said Vista has built
in this in the OS already. I'm utterly confused. In any case, I've tried
googling for this eHome driver (for Vista) without success. Any help.
Thanks

Old September 17th 08, 01:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

In addition to the MC IR receiver built into or separate from your desktop
you also have to have an IR blaster connected so it can control the STB.

Old October 5th 08, 05:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dpolara

Here's one of many remote controls that includes the required "IR Remote
Hardware" including the IR Blaster cables.

'Pinnacle Systems - Product summary - Pinnacle Remote Kit for Windows
Media Center' (http://tinyurl.com/4yw5fr)

--
dpolara
dpolara's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=560