ATIKMDAG.SYS

Old September 23rd 08, 07:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jamesr4199

Default ATIKMDAG.SYS

Same Problem tried ATI Web Site they tell me to start taking my computer
apart. Checking memory cooling of my cpu ETC. I think they have a
problem!!

Jimmi

--
jamesr4199
Old September 23rd 08, 08:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
chuckbam[_6_]

jamesr4199;843519 Wrote:
Same Problem tried ATI Web Site they tell me to start taking my computer
apart. Checking memory cooling of my cpu ETC. I think they have a
problem!!

Jimmi

I only have the stop problem on like one in 5 boots. After a boot, if I
am going to have one, it does not take long. I re-boot and then have
very long up-time free of the problem.

On a different computer, I loaded the drivers only. That fixed it.

I think the problem is with the c control center.

--
chuckbam

*q6600 slacr quad cpu at 3.36 ghz/ fsb 1680 mhz ~ asus p5b deluxe ~
mushkin em2-6400, 8gb at 840 mhz, 5-5-5-15 ~ maxline pro 500, raid 0,
931gb ~ hd 3850 512mb/ hd 2600 pro 512mb ~ dual tv tuners: ati 650 pro/
550 pci ~ silverstone op650 ps ~ 3 lcd multiple display w/ full custom
aero ~ ... vista ultimate 64-bit ... windows experience index 5.9 ...
system runs 24/7 *
Old September 23rd 08, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mehuh

chuckbam;843596 Wrote:
jamesr4199;843519 Wrote:
Same Problem tried ATI Web Site they tell me to start taking my computer
apart. Checking memory cooling of my cpu ETC. I think they have a
problem!!

Jimmi

I only have the stop problem on like one in 5 boots. After a boot, if
I am going to have one, it does not take long. I re-boot and then have
very long up-time free of the problem.

On a different computer, I loaded the drivers only. That fixed it.

I think the problem is with the c control center.

For me, installing only the drivers didn't help. So, while it may work
for some people, it is unfortunately not a universal solution.

I am currently testing a new theory. I have heard that people have had
luck disabling Aero. However, I use Aero for the live previews while
alt tabbing, etc. So disabling Aero is not a feasible solution for me.
Instead, I have disabled transparency, which offers no functional
advantage to me. I'll post if I get positive results with this.

--
mehuh
Old September 24th 08, 01:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
chuckbam[_6_]

you may also want to try the Intel drivers. They don't load on their own
in Vista. You need to find the extracted files or use the zip and load
them in safe mode by hand. It greatly reduce the problem for me.

Old September 24th 08, 02:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mehuh

chuckbam;843793 Wrote:
you may also want to try the Intel drivers. They don't load on their own
in Vista. You need to find the extracted files or use the zip and load
them in safe mode by hand. It greatly reduce the problem for me.

I assume you are referring to the Intel Chipset drivers? If so, I
installed that a while back, but it unfortunately didn't resolve the
problem for me.

--
mehuh
Old September 24th 08, 03:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
chuckbam[_6_]

mehuh;843843 Wrote:
chuckbam;843793 Wrote:
you may also want to try the Intel drivers. They don't load on their own
in Vista. You need to find the extracted files or use the zip and load
them in safe mode by hand. It greatly reduce the problem for me.

I assume you are referring to the Intel Chipset drivers? If so, I
installed that a while back, but it unfortunately didn't resolve the
problem for me.

Did you check the device manager to see if they loaded? You need to do
it by hand. They do not install with the setup in Vista. I know this for
a fact. You prob. have MS 2006 drivers loaded.