eSATA & Vista

Old September 26th 08, 03:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

Default eSATA & Vista

Hi!

I have an Asus P5B, Vista 32Bit Home Premium. I have something
connected to the eSATA port. When the system boots the BIOS sees it
fine. Vista however, will not recognize it.......everything is proper
in the BIOS, as the BIOS sees it upon boot.

The P5B uses the Jmicros controller. That should be up to date.
Additionally, this is hooked to an external enclosure, Xtrastore
3.5".....

Any suggestions? I'm totally fed up with trying to resolve this.

Much Thanks!

Old September 26th 08, 03:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

wrote in message

Hi!

I have an Asus P5B, Vista 32Bit Home Premium. *I have something
connected to the eSATA port. *When the system boots the BIOS sees it
fine. *Vista however, will not recognize it.......everything is proper
in the BIOS, as the BIOS sees it upon boot.

The P5B uses the Jmicros controller. *That should be up to date.
Additionally, this is hooked to an external enclosure, Xtrastore
3.5".....

Any suggestions? *I'm totally fed up with trying to resolve this.

Much Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Yes, SATA drives are installed. Everything
works fine under USB. Since the BIOS sees it during the POST, it is
not the cable or anything. It must be something with Vista.

Also, there is nothing regarding JMicron in my device manager.....is
there supposed to be??

Old September 26th 08, 04:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Paul Montgomery[_3_]

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 20:27:55 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Any suggestions? I'm totally fed up with trying to resolve this.

We know how you feel: we're kinda getting fed up reading about it ;-

Especially when you post twice on the same subject within a
five-minute interval
Old September 26th 08, 04:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Try the following:

1. Right-click on Computer and select Manage.
2. Click once on Disk Management to highlight it.
3. Then from the Computer Management toolbar,
click on Action Rescan Disks.

Old September 26th 08, 12:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rutetuti

Hi,

Check out this link,
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...Language=en-us

Good luck.

Old September 26th 08, 01:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

On Sep 25, 11:03*pm, Paul Montgomery
wrote:
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 20:27:55 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Any suggestions? *I'm totally fed up with trying to resolve this.

We know how you feel: we're kinda getting fed up reading about it ;-

Especially when you post twice on the same subject within a
five-minute interval

Did not mean to post twice. Something happened the first time and it
gave me some error screen.....sorry....
Old September 26th 08, 01:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

wrote in message

[...]

Tried that one Carey, no luck there......just really weird. BIOS sees
it but Vista does not. No Jmicron anything in Device Manager. Is
there supposed to be? Is it drivers? Or maybe it just does not work
with this MB, although I've seen others get it to work.........

It should not be a BIOS setting since it displays fine during the
POST.......

Thanks everyone for your comments thusfar.....
Old September 26th 08, 03:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
cqui3

[...]

On my P5K installation CD, there are drivers for JMicron.

Old September 26th 08, 04:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

wrote in message

[...]

My problem is that I've either lost or whatever the manual / driver
disk for my P5B. If you have one, maybe you can send it to me, it
would REALLY help me. Maybe that is my answer??? Although when I
built the machine I used that CD, but I've re-installed Vista a couple
of times.....

Thanks for your help.....