Windows Vista x64 and Creative x-fi

Old September 29th 08, 09:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Julie[_7_]

Default Windows Vista x64 and Creative x-fi

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering what the creative x-fi cards are like to use with vista
x64. I remember back when vista first came out, there were major issues with
the drivers. Have they fixed these issues?

Old September 29th 08, 10:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Hi Julie,

What does Creative have to say about them? Drivers are the responsibility of
the hardware manufacturer, not the writers of the operating system. Drivers
included in the operating system are chiefly supplied by the device
manufacturer.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Old September 29th 08, 10:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Same answer as I gave in the hardware group, you need to check with Creative
for proper supporting drivers. Device manufacturers are responsible for
writing and releasing drivers to support a given operating system, they
don't come from Microsoft.

Old September 29th 08, 10:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Understood, my apologies for assuming that you were looking to see if
Creative has written these drivers yet. X-fi downloads can be found here for
those looking for them:

http://support.creative.com/products...&catname=x-fi#

Not all of their products are supported under Vista as some are considered
discontinued. I would suspect that if no driver has yet been written for any
given product, then none ever will be as Vista has been out for over a year
now.

Old September 29th 08, 10:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
cplpro

Hi,

I use Vista x64 and X-Fi myself and have no probs yet.
But every system works different than the other

In general, drivers become more stable now.