Adjust my resolution...

Old December 21st 06, 12:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wide Eyed Nerd

Default Adjust my resolution...

Regarding this article, how do I get a higher resolution?

Getting the best display on your monitor
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...74a261033.mspx

It is not a driver or hardware issue. It is Microsoft telling me what is
best. But isnt what I want whats best for me?

Thanks again,

Old December 21st 06, 01:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wide Eyed Nerd

I have a 19" monitor, and I want to run at 1600x1200. Was able to achieve
this in XP, but once I get to Vista, it gives me the limitations as per this
page.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...74a261033.mspx

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Old December 21st 06, 02:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst

I understand the page, but what happens when you right click on the desktop,
choose Personalize, then choose Display Settings, and then your preferred
resolution? Is it not there?

Old December 21st 06, 10:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Theo

But did you continue to:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...c24091033.mspx

and read the following?:

Change screen resolution
Applies to all editions of Windows Vista. Which edition of
Windows Vista am I using?

Screen resolution refers to the clarity of the text and
images on your screen. At higher resolutions, items appear
sharper. They also appear smaller, so more items fit on the
screen. At lower resolutions, fewer items fit on the screen,
but they are larger and easier to see. At very low
resolutions, however, images might have jagged edges.

For example, 640 × 480 is a lower screen resolution, and
1600 × 1200 is a higher one. CRT monitors generally display
a resolution of 800 × 600 or 1024 × 768. LCD monitors can
better support the higher resolutions. Whether you can
increase your screen resolution depends on the size and
capability of your monitor and the type of video card you have.

1.

Open Display Settings by clicking the Start button Picture
of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking
Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization,
and then clicking Display Settings.
2.

Under Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you
want, and then click Apply.
NoteWhen you change the screen resolution, it affects all
users who log on to the computer.
See also

* Getting the best display on your monitor
* Make text easier to read using ClearType

Video card
__elbasuer__
Video card
A piece of computer hardware that converts electronic
information into the text, images, movies, and animations
that are displayed on a computer screen. Also called video
display adapter, video adapter, or video controller.

Old December 21st 06, 01:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wide Eyed Nerd

The maximum I can get with it is 1280 × 1024.

I have a Radeon x700 and a 19" sony trinitron. In XP, and every other OS
before that (even Linux), I have been able to run at 1600x1200. I would like
to run at this resolution in Vista, but after reading that page, I find that
MS will not let me go higher... unless someone can tell me how to get around
this.

Old December 22nd 06, 05:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Lang Murphy

What's the native resolution of the 19" Sony Trinitron?

Lang

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

I understand the page, but what happens when you right click on the
desktop,
choose Personalize, then choose Display Settings, and then your preferred
resolution? Is it not there?

"Wide Eyed Nerd" wrote in
message

Old December 22nd 06, 10:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Theo

Is this applicable to your monitor? If so, it states the
"optimal" resolution is 1,280 x 1,024.

Delivering superior image clarity and brighter colors, the
fine 0.24-millimeter aperture grille pitch provides a
perfect base for everything from spreadsheets and graphic
presentations to browsing the Internet and advanced gaming.
With an optimal resolution of 1,280 x 1.024 and a refresh
rate of 85 Hz, the HMD-A440 supplies a flicker-free screen
that greatly reduces eyestrain. (Maximum resolution is 1,600
x 1,200.)

Why aren't you contacting Sony and asking them about this?
Sony is the manufacturer of the monitor, not Microsoft!

Old December 22nd 06, 02:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DCR

There is no "native" resolution for CRT monitors, only maximum
and optimal.

Old December 23rd 06, 06:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Lang Murphy

LOL... I was assuming we were talking about an LCD monitor... never occurred
to me that it might be a CRT... I guess the "Trinitron" should've given it
away, eh? Then I would have to assume the vid card driver is different in
Vista...

Lang

"DCR" wrote in message
There is no "native" resolution for CRT monitors, only maximum
and optimal.

"Lang Murphy" wrote in message
| What's the native resolution of the 19" Sony Trinitron?
|
| Lang
|
| "Wide Eyed Nerd" wrote in
message