Document Directory

Old September 30th 08, 03:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Gene L.[_2_]

Default Document Directory

I use Vista Home Premium at home just for personal use. I do not use an
extensive file arrangement and was wondering how I can by-pass the
"users/Name" after the "C" prompt and go right to the documents. It is a
little annoying to go throught all the folder names when I do not use them.
Is there a way to do this? I appreciate your comments and suggestions.
Thand you
Gene L.

Old September 30th 08, 04:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Gordon[_5_]

"Gene L." wrote in message
I use Vista Home Premium at home just for personal use. I do not use an
extensive file arrangement and was wondering how I can by-pass the
"users/Name" after the "C" prompt and go right to the documents. It is a
little annoying to go throught all the folder names when I do not use them.
Is there a way to do this? I appreciate your comments and suggestions.
Thand you
Gene L.

Add Documents to your Start Menu.
Right-click the Start Orb, choose Properties.
On the Start Menu tab, under Start Menu, click Customize.

Old September 30th 08, 04:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Gene L.[_2_]

Gordon:

Thank you for the quick reply. I am afraid that I do not know enough about
the system to "customize" it. Can you help me to do this?
Thanks
Gene L.

Old September 30th 08, 04:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Gordon[_5_]

"Gene L." wrote in message

Gordon:

Thank you for the quick reply. I am afraid that I do not know enough about
the system to "customize" it. Can you help me to do this?
Thanks

Add Documents to your Start Menu.
Right-click the Start Orb, choose Properties.
On the Start Menu tab, under Start Menu, click Customize.

Do exactly what I said, and in the window that opens scroll down to
Documents and click on the button "Display as Link".

Old September 30th 08, 08:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Gene L.[_2_]

The button "Display as Link" is already checked and nothing seems to change
if the button is checked or not.

Old September 30th 08, 10:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Gordon[_5_]

"Gene L." wrote in message
The button "Display as Link" is already checked and nothing seems to
change if the button is checked or not.

Then when you click on "Start" you should have a "Documents" item on the R/H
side of the Start pane that will take you directly to the Documents
folder...

Old October 1st 08, 12:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Gene L.[_2_]

Yes I do but that is not the problem. I am trying to by pass the

Old October 1st 08, 01:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Dave[_29_]

You can create a shortcut to a document.
Open the Documents folder,
right-click on a document,
drag it to the Desktop, and select "Create Shortcuts Here"

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Old October 1st 08, 06:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Gordon[_5_]

"Gene L." wrote in message
Thank you Dave for the help. That does it.

Hope you don't have too many documents.... ;-)