SpeedTouch 330 USB ADSL Modem Driver

Old October 1st 08, 01:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ibarelycantext

Default SpeedTouch 330 USB ADSL Modem Driver

Hi Everyone,

I've read the whole forum and tried to followed the instructions given
especially that from Mr John MVP about the network card on My device
manager not being recognise... When i go to device manager to check for
the network card i dont see anything that says about a network card not
being recognise, although I see a notice anout one unknown device whose
driver is not installed, I then tried the wizard to locate/find the
driver for this, but it is showing that driver could not be found, I
then tried to manually set a driver for this unknown device but I'm not
really sure which one to pick among the many drivers i could see, I'm
just ignorant about these stuff and have no idea what I am doing or
trying to do at all... but my problem is basically not being able to use
my speedtouch connection on this new pc with vista...when i try to
install the old cd from my ISP, it seems to go ok, but upon restarting
to make sure changes my pc will try to install the drivers for
speedtouch but it would fail and would show that device driver is not
successfully installed but the software was... please help me. anyone
who's tech savvy enough...!

--
ibarelycantext
ibarelycantext's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/ibarelycantext.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old October 1st 08, 02:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP[_3_]

"ibarelycantext" wrote in message

[...]

The Speedtouch 330 is a basic modem, and I think that it is USB only. Look
at the back of the unit. If there are only ports for power, phone cable and
USB, you will need to contact your ISP and ask for an 'Ethernet capable'
modem..

The problem with using a USB device is that it needs drivers, and from what
I can tell, the manufacturer is not interested in supplying Vista drivers
for this model.

The drivers contained on the installation CD will be for Windows up to and
including XP.

An 'Ethernet capable' modem does not require drivers. One just connects the
modem to a computer or router with a cat5 patch cable, and Voila, a working
Internet connection..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Old October 2nd 08, 05:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sg1

Anybody Looking for vista drivers both 32 & 64 got this page

http://www.thomson.net/GlobalEnglish...s/default.aspx

Use the generic cd driver for the speedtouch 330
here's the direct download
http://www.thomsontelecompartner.com.../ZZMT4.103.iso
this page covers all their modems they have vista drivers for

hope this helps

Sg1

--
Sg1
Sg1's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/sg1.htm

Old October 3rd 08, 03:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Terry Bean

I am using a Speedtouch 330 USB modem.

The old driver works fine on Vista.

Regards.