Old March 3rd 07, 02:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Andrew Leigh

Default Search for files with parenthesis in name

It's crazy not to allow people to search for the parentheses. The problem
arose for me as a result of two failed file transfers. In both cases, the new
files were renamed with a (1) or (2) suffix. So I have thousands of these
extraneous files on my computer to get rid of. Or I could clean the hard disk
and do another file transfer, but it would be far simpler if I could simply
delete all files with a (1) or (2) suffix.

Oh, and I just tried installing XYplorer on my computer (solely to deal with
this issue). The program crashed.