Windows Photo Gallery Viewing at Random

Old October 9th 08, 05:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Joshes

Default Windows Photo Gallery Viewing at Random

Don't know if anyone has come across this problem but it's kinda
annoying and I can't seem to find an option to get it fixed.

Here's the problem:

Everytime I view pictures from my camera in a folder, I press next and
the photos displayed go as random. Meaning, it doesn't follow the number
order of the picture like say IMG_2430IMG_2431.. and so on. It jumps
around like from IMG_2430IMG2490.. and it just go on randomly.

Any idea how I can get that fixed so it displays according to IMG
number order?

--
Joshes

-*CPU*- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHZ
-*CPU Heatsink*- Scythe Ninja Plus REV.B Heatpipe Fanless Heatsink
-*Motherboard *-EVGA Nforce 780i SLi
-*Memory *-Patriot Extreme Viper 4GB PC2-8500 DDR2-1066 CL5-5-5-15
-*Video Cards*- Dual XFX GeForce 9800GTX 675MHZ 512MB GDDR3 2.2GHZ
*-Casing -* Antec Twelve Hundred Mid Tower Gamer Case
*-Power Supply -* Corsair HX1000W
*-OS -*Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit
*-Hard Drives-* 2x Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB SATA2
Old October 9th 08, 10:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
dbknox[_41_]

Joshes;856374 Wrote:
Don't know if anyone has come across this problem but it's kinda
annoying and I can't seem to find an option to get it fixed.

Here's the problem:

Everytime I view pictures from my camera in a folder, I press next and
the photos displayed go as random. Meaning, it doesn't follow the number
order of the picture like say IMG_2430IMG_2431.. and so on. It jumps
around like from IMG_2430IMG2490.. and it just go on randomly.

Any idea how I can get that fixed so it displays according to IMG
number order?

Have you got your folder view set to auto-arrange ?

--
dbknox
Old October 10th 08, 12:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Joshes

Yes I have it on. But it doesn't happen all the time, this problem I
mean. I'll keep in mind to check if that option is turned on the next
time this problem surfaces. Thanks!

Old October 10th 08, 01:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
dbknox[_41_]

Yes I have it on. But it doesn't happen all the time, this problem I
mean. I'll keep in mind to check if that option is turned on the next
time this problem surfaces. Thanks!

Keep us posted please.

--
dbknox
Old November 17th 08, 11:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
mattloyas342

I am having the same problem. I have Vista home Premium, but do not
know if it is 64 or 32 bit. It goes through the pictures at random when
scrolling through with either the arrow keys or clicking on the next
arrow.

--
mattloyas342
Old March 13th 09, 12:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
chuck32560[_2_]

It doesn't matter if Auto Arrange is on or not on my machine. The
pictures are always out of order. I never had this problem with my old
camera. This has started scince i bought a new camera. I do know it's
starting to P--- me off. It makes my job a lot harder not having these
picture in order. If anybody has any ideas i sure would like to hear
them.

--
chuck32560
Old June 20th 09, 06:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
blahblahblah1

WooHoo, fixed it for me. Right mouse anywhere in the window (file
directory) that has the photo's stored, then "sort by" then make sure
both "name" and "ascending" are selected.

--
blahblahblah1
Old May 8th 10, 03:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Mikey417

I Right Mouse clicked on the page and went to sort. Than I sorted by
"Date" and "Ascending". It fixed this annoying problem right up for me.
Now I can view my pictures in the order they were taken (without it
skipping 3-5 pictures in between).

--
Mikey417