Problems with Lexmark X4530 Wireless printer

Old October 12th 08, 08:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
vistageek[_3_]

Default Problems with Lexmark X4530 Wireless printer

I have a Lexmark X4530 Wireless printer and i am trying to connect it to my Hp laptop with Vista using my Netgear wireless router.It connects to the laptop but when i try to print something it just makes a folder in the C drive and makes a file in it and does not print anything.The printer works when i use the USB cable but when it does not when i try do it without the cable with wifi.DO i need any USB wireless adapter for it or something or do i need to fix something in the laptop.

Old October 13th 08, 04:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Determine the IP of the NIC on the printer, then create a Standard TCP/IP
port targeting the IP. Set the printer to the new port.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

Old March 17th 10, 03:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
tyras1

okay, this one seems was easy enough until i almost missed a good
solution. i was having this same problem. searching for other forums
did no good. lexmark tech support was telling me the same things you
all have heard.

i am running Vista Home Premium and i still have the original CD that
came with the X4530 when i bought it. CD doesn't work either. go to
your system properties. the first section is 'windows edition.' Then
'System', under system type it shows to be 64-bit. I downloaded the
64-bit installer and it went right through. works with the wireless and
USB connections on windows vista.

we just got too accustomed to our old XP machines

-=andy=-

--
tyras1