Problems with scanner, Windows Update in Vista 64 bit

Old October 13th 08, 07:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
simonageorgescu

Default Problems with scanner, Windows Update in Vista 64 bit

I got a new computer, HP Touch Smart All in One with Vista 64 bit. I
also got a scanner, HP scanjet G4010 that was supposed to go with Vista.
Yet, it doesn't install. It downloads the software, (tried both from
enclosed disc and from the website) but then it gives an MSI Error Error
1935 and the installation is aborted. Also, the computer doesn't accept
the XML Core services 4.0 Service Pack that I am "summoned" to install
or else. I spent hours upon hours with customer support from HP trying
to resolve these issues. To no avail. I am at my wits end. Can
anybody help?

--
simonageorgescu
Old October 13th 08, 07:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bob Knowlden[_2_]

I can't really help, but see:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00292756

If you have to try all the fixes suggested there, it ought to keep you busy
for a while.

The simplest one may be downloading and installing the .net redistributable.

I hope that one of them works for you.

Old October 13th 08, 08:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
simonageorgescu

I've been at that site already and tried the first things suggested.
They didn't work or were not applicable. My error doesn't include the
.net thing. And I am comfortable going to more advanced solutions since
they mention that messing with such things might have dire consequences.
I am in the process of researching and buying another scanner, on the
list of compatible devices from Microsoft. I don't think other
solutions work. I am on the point of giving up on this scanner.

--
simonageorgescu
Old October 15th 08, 02:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Paul Shapiro

The easiest way to find a new scanner is to find one you want, and then make
sure you can download a Vista 64-bit driver. I'm using an inexpensive Canon
scanner on Vista64 without problems.