Blue Screen related to Ethernet networking

Old October 14th 08, 01:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Brendan_Leslie

Default Blue Screen related to Ethernet networking

I have been getting a blue screen fairly regularly for a week now. I have
attempted to solve using Problem Reports and Solutions troubleshooting
section for Ethernet Networking problem. Steps 1. and 2. have not solved the
problem (network drivers updated and Diagnose and Repair did not find the
problem).

My system info is as follows:

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name BRENDAN-PC
System Manufacturer FUJITSU SIEMENS
System Model AMILO Pi 2515
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz, 1667 Mhz, 2
Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD 1.05C, 01/10/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16407"
User Name Brendan-PC\Brendan
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 2,037.81 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.04 GB
Total Virtual Memory 4.19 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.16 GB
Page File Space 2.28 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

The related fault bucket is 0 x D1_Rtlh86 + 9047, type 0

My Ethernet adapter is 00000004 Realtek RtL8101 Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet
NIC (NDIS 6.0). Adapter type: Ethernet 802.3.
Can someone please tell me how to fix this particular problem.

Old October 14th 08, 07:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tanuj_chadha[_8_]

Did you try to uninstall & then install the drivers ?

--
tanuj_chadha

Tanuj

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. - Karl
Marx :geek:
Old October 15th 08, 09:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Andrew Murray[_5_]

"Brendan_Leslie" wrote in message
[...]

I had the (blue screen) problem, and it was to do with the Ethernet
connector (on board, not separate card). For some reason it was loading the
wrong drivers, so I uinstalled the wrong driver and updated with the
correct, and the system has been fine ever since.

I used "Driver Detective" to find the correct drivers, specific to my
hardware - nice little utility: http://www.drivershq.com/