Media card reader disappeared after installing driver

Old October 14th 08, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dinesh

Default Media card reader disappeared after installing driver

I have got a 5 in 1 built-in media card reader. It didnt work fine so i
installed its driver from hp.com/support. i know i have installed the
right driver for my media card reader but when i restarted the system,
it disappeared from the My Computer("Computer" as called in Vista). it
wont even show in diskmgmt.msc . when i check in device manager, there
is nothing such called as media card reader anywhere in the entire list.
I dont know where it has gone and i would also like to know if there is
any way to un-install that driver? or is there any way to get back the
media card reader icon on the "Computer"?

--
dinesh
Old October 15th 08, 02:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wandering[_2_]

In Device Manager is there a device underneath the heading OTHER, and does
it have a yellow triangle by it? That's probably your reader, and you can
install drivers from there.

Old October 15th 08, 01:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dinesh

there is no triangle but there is a yellow question mark under Other
Devices. i do not know what is that. can any one help please?

--
dinesh
Old October 15th 08, 04:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DDW[_3_]

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:25:19 -0500, dinesh
wrote:

there is no triangle but there is a yellow question mark under Other
Devices. i do not know what is that. can any one help please?

Delete it and restart. See what happens.

DDW
No email please
Old October 15th 08, 08:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wandering[_2_]

It means that the card reader driver did not install properly and that the
machine does not recognize it. As another poster advised. Remove the device
in device manager, and then reboot your system. It should find the device
and install the proper driver. If it only ends up the same way, it means
that Vista does not have a driver for it, or it is corrupted, and you will
have to get the driver downloaded from the device manufacturers website, and
install it.

Odds are when you reboot, all will be well. Good luck.