WinSxS

Old July 20th 09, 09:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
whs[_8_]

Default WinSxS

It's unbelievable, after all that has been said you still want to crash
your system.

--
whs
Old July 21st 09, 04:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
dmex[_91_]

The tool has not been updated for 64bit because like us, the developers
know its going to kill your Windows installation :shock:

whs;1094905 Wrote:
It's unbelievable, after all that has been said you still want to crash
your system.

I agree, also considering 1 TeraByte (1000GB) hard-drives can be
purchased for less than $150 that anyone would care about the size of
the WinSxS folder.

--
dmex

'[image:
/presenceimage?mkt=en-AU]'
(http://settings.messenger.live.com/C....com&mkt=en-AU)
Old July 21st 09, 06:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
pacinitaly

whs;1094905 Wrote:
It's unbelievable, after all that has been said you still want to crash
your system.

I agree, also considering 1 TeraByte (1000GB) hard-drives can be
purchased for less than $150 that anyone would care about the size of
the WinSxS folder.

arty:

--
pacinitaly

SpellCherkers aren't worth a shirt
Old December 28th 09, 11:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
salsim

I really dislike the "it's cheap, buy new"-mentality a lot of people
seem to have. Buying a new disk just because you want to have a reliable
OS? Kind of an outdated idea that we should abandon and try to minimize.
Yes, there are ecofriendly HDDs but still they need to manufacture an
HDD which consumes energy etc. And what about all those old HDDs that
people to not take time to dispose of correctly?

Today, a lot of people are online with a high speed connection; why
not, if MS cannot code space (and speed) effectively, offer an on-demand
online winsxs-folder? Much better than forcing millions of people
upgrading their computers with new HDDs filled up with lots of unused
files. I for one, do not bother about all the backgrounds, games and
addons shipped with Windows by default. I can be offered those when I
ask for them instead.

--
salsim