Vista Ultimate 64 BSOD 0x00000050 PAGED FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA

Old October 17th 08, 12:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Michael R. Mastro II[_2_]

Default Vista Ultimate 64 BSOD 0x00000050 PAGED FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA

Hello,

I am having a problem that I have been running into for the past few
months. While I am trying to play a game, I will occasionally have a BSOD
that calls out 0x0000050 PAGED FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA. After it restarts
it brings up the Windows Error reporting and suggests that the soundcard is
bad. The steps I have gone through to end this error are the following. 1.
Disabled onboard sound, via BIOS. 2. Ran system repair from Vista Install
Disk. 3. Uninstalled and deleted soundcard and video card drivers and
programs. 4. Ran check disk, memtest and defrag on the computer. 5.
Installed a new soundcard. The BSOD has since happened less since
installing the new soundcard but it still happens. Here is the setup of my
computer to give you an idea of what I am running, I will include the old
and new sound cards also.

ASUS P5K3 Deluxe/WiFi AP motherboard
Intel Core 2 E6550
4 GB Ram (Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333 PC 10666)
2 Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 video cards in Crossfire
SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatality Professional (old card)
SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality Professional PCIe (new card)
2 WD 500GB Sata hard drives
Antec TruePower Quattro 850W

Any help in resolving this would be appreciated. Thank you,

Michael

Old October 17th 08, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Chuck[_2_]

Your motherboard seems to have a built in sound capability using a "ADI
SoundMAX ADI1998B"
There might be a conflict between this and a plug in sound card, even though
it is "disabled".
I've had past problems with SB drivers and other sound hardware and drivers.
(The first SB card I bought back in the 386 days actually wiped out DMA
hardware on a then "state of the art" integrated MBD. Seems the MBD did not
completely implement the then used IBM DMA standards)
Next, the "2 Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 video cards in Crossfire" may be part
of the problem.
Usually when I chase such problems, I try starting with as little add on
hardware as possible, then add cards one by one.
This error may also be caused by flakey RAM.