External Hard Drive Not Recognized

Old October 19th 08, 04:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ilyabyk83[_2_]

Default External Hard Drive Not Recognized

bob;865628 Wrote:
Do you have other USB devices that work? I had that problem some months
ago
and restoring to a restore point when the USB drive worked, restored
its
function.
"ilyabyk83" wrote in message

A repeat!! Attached to XP based computer, and everything is fine.

This
is Vista based. My drive: SimpleTech Portable Hard Drive, High-Speed

USB
2.0 Drive ICE 250 GB.
I need for the Vista to see it. I checked out the website, and there
are only drivers for Windows 98 computers. There is no need for the
drivers for Vista.
Here is the site for this particular model. I have a 250 G just in
case.
'Signature Mini | SimpleTech :: by Fabrik'

(http://www.simpletech.com/products/s...signature-mini)

--
ilyabyk83

::*Thank You for Your Help*::
::* Best Regards*::

I do have many other devices. A mouse and a keyboard for instance.
There are OK. I'm typing using it. Let me try to do a System Restore.
And if I have a point, I'll roll back to somewhere last week. Thanx.

--
ilyabyk83

::*Thank You for Your Help*::
::* Best Regards*::
Old October 19th 08, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ilyabyk83[_2_]

*::I checked and it displays points on up to October 17th. How do I get
it to show older points than October 17th? Today is October 19th, here
at least. Thank you for your help people!!::*

--
ilyabyk83

::*Thank You for Your Help*::
::* Best Regards*::
Old October 19th 08, 07:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DDW[_3_]

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:59:05 -0500, ilyabyk83
wrote:

*::I checked and it displays points on up to October 17th. How do I get
it to show older points than October 17th? Today is October 19th, here
at least. Thank you for your help people!!::*

There is a box to show points older than 5 days. Tick it.

If no more show, then there aren't any more.

DDW
No email please
Old October 19th 08, 11:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ilyabyk83[_2_]

wrote:

*::I checked and it displays points on up to October 17th. How do I

get
it to show older points than October 17th? Today is October 19th, here
at least. Thank you for your help people!!::*

There is a box to show points older than 5 days. Tick it.

If no more show, then there aren't any more.

DDW
No email please

Thanx. I guess there are none. Any thoughts on why does it come up on
XP and not on Vista??

--
ilyabyk83

::*Thank You for Your Help*::
::* Best Regards*::
Old October 20th 08, 01:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DDW[_3_]

wrote:

*::I checked and it displays points on up to October 17th. How do I
get
it to show older points than October 17th? Today is October 19th, here
at least. Thank you for your help people!!::*

There is a box to show points older than 5 days. Tick it.

If no more show, then there aren't any more.

DDW
No email please

Thanx. I guess there are none. Any thoughts on why does it come up on
XP and not on Vista??

Nope.

You definitely have gone into Disk Management and it's not listed
there, right?

Control Panel Classic Mode - Admin Tools - Computer Management - Disk
Management.

DDW
No email please
Old October 20th 08, 01:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ilyabyk83[_2_]

No its not, this is on Vista!! But in XP everythiing is OK!!

--
ilyabyk83

::*Thank You for Your Help*::
::* Best Regards*::
Old October 20th 08, 02:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DDW[_3_]

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 20:33:08 -0500, ilyabyk83
wrote:

No its not, this is on Vista!! But in XP everythiing is OK!!

I give up.

DDW
No email please
Old October 20th 08, 07:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mick Murphy

So LEAVE it there, you CLOWN!
--
Mad Mike

"ilyabyk83 " wrote

No its not, this is on Vista!! But in XP everythiing is OK!!

Old October 20th 08, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bob[_12_]

What message if any do you get from Vista when you unplug the USB
simpletech drive then plug it back in?
Bob

Old November 8th 08, 03:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ilyabyk83[_2_]

Thank You all!! My problem got solved. I simply opened the hard drive
up, and took the actual drive and hooked it up to my computer's
motherboard, and it worked. Thank You all!! The problem is solved!!

Please can somebody mark this "Solved"!!
Or CLOSE this?
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
ilyabyk83