Vista Banter

-   Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/printing-faxing-scanning-vista/)
-   -   Fax program (http://www.vistabanter.com/144236-fax-program.html)

Mhaxx October 20th 08 07:42 AM

Fax program

Could you suggest a *good* program to send/receive fax for Windows Vista
and/or Windows XP? (possibly freeware)

Massimo

kevinb October 20th 08 10:36 AM

Fax program

Sending/Receiving faxes can be done through windows fax services, which
comes with windows XP and VISTA. All you need to do is go to "Printers
and Faxes" and click on "Set up faxing". Now just follow the
instructions.

--
kevinb

Mhaxx October 20th 08 12:23 PM

Fax program

comes with windows XP and VISTA. All you need to do is go to "Printers
and Faxes" and click on "Set up faxing". Now just follow the

It seems a little bit poor.. what about a serious fax program like WinFax
Pro? (unfortunately it shouldn't be compatible with Vista)

Thanks,

Massimo

Tom Lake[_2_] October 20th 08 02:13 PM

Fax program

"kevinb" wrote in message

Sending/Receiving faxes can be done through windows fax services, which
comes with windows XP and VISTA. All you need to do is go to "Printers
and Faxes" and click on "Set up faxing". Now just follow the
instructions.

XP, yes. Home versions of Vista, no.

Tom Lake

Peter October 20th 08 02:21 PM

Fax program

XP has it's own fax software built-in as does Vista Ultimate and/or
Enterprise, but the other versions of Vista do not.
WinfaxPro isn't compatible with Vista. Try http://www.snappysoftware.com/

--
Peter

Ken Blake, MVP October 20th 08 03:01 PM

Fax program

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:36:10 +0100, kevinb
wrote:

Sending/Receiving faxes can be done through windows fax services, which
comes with windows XP

Yes...

and VISTA.

....but not necessarily. It comes with Vista Business and Ultimate, but
not with Home Basic nor Home Premium.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] October 20th 08 11:39 PM

Fax program

What version of Vista? Only Vista Business and Ultimate have the Fax and
Scan modules, no fax is included on Vista Home and Basic editions. If you
have Home or Basic, these fax applications are compatible with Vista:

Snappy Fax
http://www.snappysoftware.com/
RKSFax
http://www.rkssoftware.com/rksfax/overview.html
VentaFax
http://www.ventafax.com/
FaxTalk FaxCenter Pro 7.5
http://www.faxtalk.com/products/ftfcp/index.htm

I've seen reports that the free version of BVRP works with Vista also:

http://www.usr.com/bvrp/bvrp.asp
BVRP PhoneTools

Since the above comes bundled with new USR modems, I don't know if it will
work with non-USR modems. You can also send Faxes via your Internet
connection provided you are willing to pay for an Internet E-Faxing service:

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/serv...tm#internetfax
Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
http://www.savetz.com/fax/
FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

CarolyninTexas January 6th 09 05:52 PM

Fax program

viola March 23rd 09 05:09 PM

Fax program

::I recommend, ::
::_Popfax.com_-_Internet_Fax (\\"http://en.popfax.com\\")_::::
I personally use it,:: ::i’m completely satisfied with it, you don't
need to put the credit card number for trying it, the rates are low as
well::
::'PopFax.com - Fax service'
(http://www.popfax.com/Fax%20service%20tariffs.html) ::::hope you'll
like it;) ::

--
viola

Black Baptist March 27th 09 03:30 PM

Fax program

=?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2x5bmluVGV4YXM=?=
wrote in :

"Mhaxx" wrote:

Could you suggest a *good* program to send/receive fax for Windows Vista
and/or Windows XP? (possibly freeware)

Massimo

RKS Fax it's only a one time purchase for $20.00 and any future updates are
free.