Bluetooth device keeps disconnecting after upgrade to Vista

Old October 20th 08, 08:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MaBuse

Default Bluetooth device keeps disconnecting after upgrade to Vista

After migrating from 2000 to Vista my bluetooth connection between my Laptop
(HP/Compaq nc2400) and my mobile (SE K610) disconnects after 5s. It retries
every 30s but disconnects again and again...

This worked without any problems with Windows 2000, regardless if I had my
bluetooth headset connected at the same time or not.

Now, with Vista, the laptop cannot even discover the mobile if the headset
is connected. If I power off the headset the laptop finds the mobile but with
the problem decribed above.

One more thing, after I have added (paired) the mobile as a device in the
laptop and then restart the laptop, the device (mobile) is gone in the laptop.

Any idea, anyone?

Old October 27th 08, 02:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Arvind [MS]

You may want to check HP's site for a software update for the Bluetooth
module on your laptop, e.g. a search on that site shows the following:

"Support Software for HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless
Technology (Microsoft Vista)"

-- Arvind
_______
You assume all risk for your use. © 2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.