Vista Banter

-   Email and Windows Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/email-windows-vista/)
-   -   large E in stead of question mark (http://www.vistabanter.com/144550-large-e-stead-question-mark.html)

Darryl Palmer October 23rd 08 07:44 PM

large E in stead of question mark

I get a large E with accent when i try to write a question mark. it has
something to do with bilingual keyboard in canada. what key changesw this
back to normalÉÉÉ

--
Darryl Palmer
ACTRA,CDJA,CODJA

Diana Margaret November 8th 08 10:44 PM

large E in stead of question mark

I have had the same problem, sometimes cropping up in the middle of an
e-mail to someone, making me think that I have typed a code to trigger
this - I live in Canada! I'm searching for the answer too, so if you
find out, let me know! I also get a smalll e with an acute accent if I
type a slash.

--
Diana Margaret

Gary VanderMolen November 9th 08 02:27 AM

large E in stead of question mark

Go to Control Panel, Regional and Language Options,
Keyboards and Languages, Change keyboards.
Mine shows English-US. I'm not sure what is appropriate for
Canada.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

Don November 25th 08 12:35 AM

large E in stead of question mark

I have reset the keyboard language, done everything- and still the E replaces
the ? sometimes. The CU exit Windows Mail, and re-open it. The problem
goes away until the next time. It happened again today- close the program,
reopen it- and the ?????? are back!

Gary VanderMolen November 25th 08 03:44 AM

large E in stead of question mark

I don't have any other suggestions, except to try an upgrade to Windows Live Mail:

http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

L B December 17th 09 04:54 AM

How to get your question mark back

I'm not sure what the purpose of this hot key is, but if you press CTRL+Shift you will toggle the keyboard back to the correct setting. i.e. you will lose the big "E"and get the ? back.

L.

Darryl Palmer wrote:

large E in stead of question mark
23-Oct-08

I get a large E with accent when i try to write a question mark. it has
something to do with bilingual keyboard in canada. what key changesw this
back to normal???

--
Darryl Palmer
ACTRA,CDJA,CODJA
thesingingdj.com

On Thursday, October 23, 2008 3:44 PM
Darryl Palmer wrote:

large E in stead of question mark
I get a large E with accent when i try to write a question mark. it has
something to do with bilingual keyboard in canada. what key changesw this
back to normal???

--
Darryl Palmer
ACTRA,CDJA,CODJA
thesingingdj.com
416 4639283

On Thursday, October 23, 2008 4:53 PM
Peter Foldes wrote:

Change your keyboard settings back to English or default in Control =Panel
Change your keyboard settings back to English or default in Control =
Panel Keyboard

--=20
Peter

"Darryl Palmer" wrote in message =
has=20
this=20

On Saturday, November 08, 2008 6:44 PM
Diana Margaret wrote:

I have had the same problem, sometimes cropping up in the middle of ane-mail
I have had the same problem, sometimes cropping up in the middle of an
e-mail to someone, making me think that I have typed a code to trigger
this - I live in Canada! I'm searching for the answer too, so if you
find out, let me know! I also get a smalll e with an acute accent if I
type a slash.

--
Diana Margaret

On Saturday, November 08, 2008 10:27 PM
Gary VanderMolen wrote:

Go to Control Panel, Regional and Language Options,Keyboards and Languages,
Go to Control Panel, Regional and Language Options,
Keyboards and Languages, Change keyboards.
Mine shows English-US. I am not sure what is appropriate for
Canada.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

On Monday, November 24, 2008 8:35 PM
Do wrote:

I have reset the keyboard language, done everything- and still the E replaces
I have reset the keyboard language, done everything- and still the E replaces
the ? sometimes. The CU exit Windows Mail, and re-open it. The problem
goes away until the next time. It happened again today- close the program,
reopen it- and the ?????? are back!

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

On Monday, November 24, 2008 11:44 PM
Gary VanderMolen wrote:

I don't have any other suggestions, except to try an upgrade to Windows Live
I do not have any other suggestions, except to try an upgrade to Windows Live Mail:

http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

On Tuesday, November 25, 2008 8:25 AM
Steve Cochran wrote:

Check what you have for default under Tools | Options | Read | Fonts.
Check what you have for default under Tools | Options | Read | Fonts.

steve

Windows Forms .NET DataGrid ComboBox Columns And Custom Row Coloring
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...et-datagr.aspx

[email protected] July 31st 13 04:47 PM

How to get your question mark back