Bluescreen caused by ethernet

Old October 26th 08, 08:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Computeruseless!

Default Bluescreen caused by ethernet

My computer keeps getting the bluescreen and eachtime i check for a solution
with windows it says it is caused by ethernet networking or realtek. I have
been through all the advice given but found no solution i would like to know
how to solve the problems so i get my computer up and running with no
problems.

The fault bucket it gave me was 0xA_Rtlh86!MiniportSendNetBufferList+de,type0

Old October 26th 08, 02:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Malke[_2_]

Computeruseless! wrote:

My computer keeps getting the bluescreen and eachtime i check for a
solution with windows it says it is caused by ethernet networking or
realtek. I have been through all the advice given but found no solution i
would like to know how to solve the problems so i get my computer up and
running with no problems.

The fault bucket it gave me was
0xA_Rtlh86!MiniportSendNetBufferList+de,type0

Since you didn't tell us what "been through all the advice given" actually
means you did, all I can suggest is:

A. Update to the latest (or reinstall if you have the latest) drivers for
your ethernet card. Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:

1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM computer
(HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.

To find out what hardware is in your computer:

1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific model
machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers anyway)
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor or System Information for Windows.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html - Belarc Advisor
http://www.gtopala.com/ - System Information for Windows

B. If A. above doesn't work and you have a desktop computer, uninstall the
ethernet adapter (NIC) and shut down. Physically remove the card and
replace it with a known-working NIC. If the NIC is on the motherboard,
disable it in the BIOS and put in a PCI NIC. PCI NICs are very inexpensive
so this is no big deal. If you have a laptop machine, contact the laptop
mftr.'s tech support.

Malke
--
MS-MVP