No faxing ! What a surprise!

Old October 26th 08, 07:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
catt

Default No faxing ! What a surprise!

Once again Microsoft shoots itself in the foot it has dribbled on while we
all watch the hourglass icon. It's so typical of you to change something and
not add any value to what you already had. Instead you take it away for no
apparent reason. I'll spend some money on a fax program that I can be sure
of. I would have spent some more of my coin on you but you don't know how to
market your own products. So, instead of getting a little more money from a
user of Vista you force that user to go 'elsewhere' . Nice going. Now, why
are you in business??????????? Do you honestly think that I'm going to
purchase your "Office" program? OpenOffice.org looks really nice now. I
think I'll download all of their products that take the place of Word, Excel,
etc and give them a donation when I'm done.
Old October 26th 08, 07:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Mike Hall - MVP[_3_]

"Catt" wrote in message
[...]

There is fax in Business and Ultimate versions..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Old October 26th 08, 08:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You've preached to the choir, but you haven't told Microsoft a thing. This
is an end user newsgroup. Microsoft doesn't read it. We all agree with you
and have said so many times for the last 2 years. When the horse is dead it
does no good to keep beating it. It does pay to read the small print before
making a purchase, however. Microsoft did document which versions of Vista
include fax. Consumers vote with their wallet (Microsoft definitely reads
that). You weren't forced to purchase Vista, were you?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old October 26th 08, 11:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
V Green

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote in message
You've preached to the choir, but you haven't told Microsoft a thing. This
is an end user newsgroup. Microsoft doesn't read it. We all agree with you
and have said so many times for the last 2 years. When the horse is dead it
does no good to keep beating it. It does pay to read the small print before
making a purchase, however. Microsoft did document which versions of Vista
include fax. Consumers vote with their wallet (Microsoft definitely reads
that). You weren't forced to purchase Vista, were you?

Actually, she/he probably was...with a new computer.

It is ALMOST impossible for the casual user to get a new
machine with OS than Vista installed.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old October 27th 08, 09:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]

I kinda have to agree, Russ, buying a new computer with XP on it instead of
Vista is getting very hard to do. This really forces consumers to pay
attention to the fine print more so than in the past when XP was still
readily available.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

Old November 5th 08, 09:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
nikbanks

I have office ultimate 2007 and i have no idea how to send a fax without an
external internet service provider. why can't i just send a fax through my
phone line like we used to be able to?

Old November 5th 08, 09:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
bjr

Stop whining and read what he said - no fax capability except in Vista
Ultimate or Business. I suspect most people these days opt for an AIO
(All in One) setup with a built in fax capability. Yu can get these for
less than $100.
There are free fax programs that will load and work in Vista Home
Premium - colorfaxlite (from Black Ice) for one and BVRP phonetools 9.03
for another. Use google to find them. Others are happy with SnappyFax ($20)

Old November 5th 08, 10:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Office Ultimate? What is that?
Doesn't really matter. Office has never included any fax software. Only
operating systems do, and Mike has clarified which versions of Vista include
fax.
What is your question?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old November 12th 08, 11:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
traceyk

Pay-As-You-Go Dial-Up Internet customers may be interested to know that
PCWorld (UK) do a £17.99 USB Fax/Modem that comes with FaxTalk
Communicator SE 4.7. Very basic I know but for £17.99 it's not a bad
alternative IMHO for sending an ocassional fax.

'PC World UK Computer Superstore - Buy cheap computers, laptops,
desktop PCs, printers, LCD TVs, sat nav, digital cameras and more..'
(http://www.pcworld.co.uk)

Search for: usb modem

Link: 'Buy the PC Line Mini Modem at cheap prices from PC World'
(http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/sto... category_oid=)

Kisses

TraceyK

--