Vista Banter

-   -   wireless logitech mouse (http://www.vistabanter.com/145260-wireless-logitech-mouse.html)

vi October 31st 08 04:30 AM

wireless logitech mouse

My wireless mouse keeps freezing on this operating system(vista) but
operates fine on computor with xp. Oh to go back but I can't. Says drivers
are up to date. Wake up is on but when it goes to sleep or isn't used for a
while the mouse freezes. Is there a fix?

Richard Urban October 31st 08 06:37 AM

wireless logitech mouse

Fresh batteries?

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

Curious[_5_] October 31st 08 02:10 PM

wireless logitech mouse

RF or Bluetooth Logitech wireless mouse?
Do you also have another mouse on the system?

John Barnett MVP[_3_] October 31st 08 06:02 PM

wireless logitech mouse

Check the batteries first and even if they appear good replace them. A few
weeks ago I booted my machine only to get to the logon screen and find my
wireless keyboard wouldn't work. The batteries were fine but, all the same,
I replaced them and reconnected the keyboard to the radio base station.
After a reboot everything was fine.

So try the batteries and then try to reconnect the mouse to the radio base
station.

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

mail/post..

Richie Hardwick October 31st 08 06:14 PM

wireless logitech mouse

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

Check the batteries first and even if they appear good replace them. A few
weeks ago I booted my machine only to get to the logon screen and find my
wireless keyboard wouldn't work. The batteries were fine but, all the same,
I replaced them and reconnected the keyboard to the radio base station.
After a reboot everything was fine.

"even if they appear good"... ????
"The batteries were fine" .... ????

Neither of those snippets make any sense to me. Please explain.

Richie Hardwick

John Barnett MVP[_3_] October 31st 08 06:34 PM

wireless logitech mouse

The batteries contained sufficient charge. In other words the batteries
hadn't discharged to a point were the power was low.

Curious[_5_] October 31st 08 07:05 PM

wireless logitech mouse

Or if they are rechargeable and have been recharged too many times their
peak voltage level on a full charge is too low.
However, since apparently when you reboot the system the mouse works fine
therefore I do not think the batteries are the problem
"John Barnett MVP" wrote in message
The batteries contained sufficient charge. In other words the batteries
hadn't discharged to a point were the power was low.

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable
for
any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of
the

Richie Hardwick October 31st 08 07:36 PM

wireless logitech mouse

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

The batteries contained sufficient charge. In other words the batteries
hadn't discharged to a point were the power was low.

You appeared to be talking about making a visual inspection.
Apparently you have a battery checker (most people do NOT).

"Richie Hardwick" wrote in message
.. .

John Barnett MVP[_3_] November 1st 08 12:54 PM

wireless logitech mouse

Duracell batteries, and many other brand names, have their own method of
checking the battery power (usually by placing your finger on a strip at
both ends of the battery); you don't need a battery checker.

If you use the cheaper alkaline batteries and you had a problem with the
wireless mouse/keyboard I would replace them as a matter of course.

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

The batteries contained sufficient charge. In other words the batteries
hadn't discharged to a point were the power was low.

You appeared to be talking about making a visual inspection.
Apparently you have a battery checker (most people do NOT).

"Richie Hardwick" wrote in message
. ..

bdeancpa June 14th 09 08:17 AM

wireless logitech mouse

see article in Microsoft Knowledge base. This may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969711

--
bdeancpa
bdeancpa's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/105688.htm