Dead laptop hard drive !!! Gettin new one but need help !!urgently!!

Old November 2nd 08, 04:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wandering[_2_]

Default Dead laptop hard drive !!! Gettin new one but need help !!urgently!!

If it is a new laptop, by all means get an authorization and return it for
repair. It's not likely you will get a new machine, but they will install a
new disk with the operating system as it came from the factory. All it
should cost you is about $10 to ship it back to them. Don't delay! If your
warranty expires you have to do this at your own expense.

Good luck.

"Crazy Axis" wrote in message

Great ,So Basically I Cause I Still Have Warranty On My Laptop If I Sent
It Them I Should Be Able Get A New Laptop Or I'll Basically Have To Buy
A Whole New Laptop With Operating System And Everything Farkin Brilliant

So Theres Basically Nothing I Can Do Then ?

And No It Didn't Come With Recovery Disks Cause Windows Vista Has It
All Built In Now Doesn't It The Only Discs I Got Is The Driver Disk And
The Windows Vista Introduction CD Or DVD

Thankz A Lot
Crazy Axis

--
Crazy Axis

*Xbox360 GamerTag: -Crazy Axis-*

* Halo 3*
* Call Of Duty 4 *
* Rainbow Six Vegas 2*

Old November 2nd 08, 05:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pooch

Crazy Axis;876884 Wrote:
Hey Crazy Axis,

All is not lost, You say that you didnt get any recovery disks with
your lappy this is a pain but quite normal. You do have some options,
one is to contact the manufacturer and to ask for a recovery disk, to
use with your new hdd. Another is to turn your closed laptop upside down
and look for the microsoft license sticker with the activation code,
This code may allow you to use a vista cd (borrowed) to install the
same type of vista as you had before ie Basic, Pemium, onto your new
hdd, you will then need to activate vista after the install.
I say this may work as there are different types of license and I dont
know which you have. Ok Then So Far I Thought All Was Lost But Then Again *'*\"Pooch\"*'

(http://www.vistax64.com/members/pooch.html)*' Being The Little Or Big
Mother Fuc*ing Greatest Gives Me That Option Of:'
(http://www.vistax64.com/members/pooch.html)
' Borrowing A Vista CD From My Friend Who Thank Fuc* Is A Computer
Tech And Using My Activation Code On It '
(http://www.vistax64.com/members/pooch.html)'To Activate Windows On My
New Hard Drive And That Should Work Right??
' (http://www.vistax64.com/members/pooch.html)
But Also I Want A New Hard Drive For My Laptop As With My 80GB I Was
Running Outta Memory So Fast It Was Unbelievable !! So Im Goin To Get
That 160GB Drive If It Works
'
If So I Will Be In Your Debt For Ever \"Pooch\" !!!!!!'
(http://www.vistax64.com/members/pooch.html)*'*

*' (http://www.vistax64.com/members/pooch.html)*'P.S. I Have A
Windows Vista Home Premium OEMAct DSG Retail Limited
(License Even Though I Dont Actually Think You Need To Know That)'
(http://www.vistax64.com/members/pooch.html)*'*
*'
(http://www.vistax64.com/members/pooc...lang=en&pg=coa
(Large Manufacturer Pre-installed Windows COAs)

Just so we are clear, I also have a laptop with a Windows Vista Home
Basic OEMAct HP sticker and this works with an OEM Vista DVD (Yellow OEM
sticker) using a telephone activation, this option comes up during the
normal activation of the OS.
You need to understand that this does *_not_* necessarily work with
every combination of key/DVD.
Why not I dont know.

Pooch

--
pooch
Old November 2nd 08, 05:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Crazy Axis

Just so we are clear, I also have a laptop with a Windows Vista Home
Basic OEMAct HP sticker and this works with an OEM Vista DVD (Yellow OEM
sticker) using a telephone activation, this option comes up during the
normal activation of the OS.
You need to understand that this does *_not_* necessarily work with
every combination of key/DVD.
Why not I dont know.

Yea I Understand Pooch Thanks A Lot. At The Moment Though I Have Sent
An Email To The Manufacture And Checked About My Warranty And If They
Could/Can Repair My Laptop. But If Not I Think The Best Way To Do It Is
The Way You Suggested.
I Brought The Laptop At The Start Of Feb And It Came With 12 Months
Warranty So They Should Repair It Free Of Charge And Like I Said If
Not......Well

Thankz
Crazy Axis