Windows Update Error Code: 80070424

Old November 2nd 08, 03:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
veloci1992f

Default Windows Update Error Code: 80070424

PROBLEM -

Hey every one! I need a little help with my Windows Update.

On the 25th of October, the update was fine and everything. Now, when I
went to go update on the 31st it said the 25th was the LAST day it
auto-update on! I went "WTF" so I decided to manually check for the
updates but I did not expect a slap to my face with a smooching red
error code: 80070424 ('screenshot of the error'
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...SOfError.jpg)).

I've tried many solutions but none seems to work; at this point my
brain has literally crashed due to many fail attempts at trying to find
a possible fix for my Windows Update. I supposed my moral is decreasing
and entering into a pessimistic stage of my PC.

My OS is Windows Vista Premium 64 bit, and no all the programs I
currently have were installed before the 25th but Comodo Internet
Security (which I uninstalled to check if it was the culprit but it
wasn't; oh I also checked Comodo Memory Firewall but it wasn't the
problem either) was on the day that Update failed and gave error code
80070424.

Yes, I've also tried to do a system repair AND restore but none of them
even worked strangely. :/ Made another user account to check if Windows
Update works but it returned the same code error. Oh and could someone
check my HiJackThis log and check my system "stuff?" Not sure why I'm
getting that many files missing errors.*

Please assist me! Very much appreciate it, and yours truly

~Veloci

SOLUTIONS -

1) REGSVR32 %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\WUAUENG.DLL - confirmation box
succeeded but it did not fix my Windows Update problem.

2) I've checked to see if my BiTS was correctly configured and
everything of the sort and they are correctly configured without my
intervention - works but it did not fix my Windows Update problem.

3) The BiTs restore tool thing, the one that repairs if it's corrupted
or something - it said it's not needed currently so I'm assuming my
files for Windows Update/BiTs aren't damaged in any way.

4) regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll - confirmation box succeeded but it did not
fix my Windows Update problem.

5) Regsvr32 QMGR.DLL - I'm suspecting this is the cause of my Windows
Update not working properly as it returns a confirmation box that it was
loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not founded with "Make
sure that "'QMGR.DLL'" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

6)

* Click on Start - Run
* and paste the command below and enter

%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE
%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\WUAUENG.DLL
This line use to reregistering WUAUENG.DLL in window.

* You are done! Launch your windows update again, you should be
able to perform update now. -- this solution does not work at all,
given me errors of a register binary for the REGSVR32.exe and no
association part with WUAUENG.DLL.

7) windows update error 8E5E0442 - TechNet Forums - the second post by
Ronnie Vernon MVP works but it does NOT solve my problem at all
either.**

8) Ran 3 antivirus scans (at different times) on thorough mode and
found nothing. Used Malwarebyte's, Spyware Terminator, Ad-Aware, and
SUPERANtispyware, and found zip.***

That's ALL the solutions I have tried but it still gives me the same
blasted error code; my last resort for this problem is a reformat which
I do not want at all since I have yet to invest in an HD that isn't part
of the PC (not sure of the correct terminology). Well if anyone needs
screenshots of the problems I'm getting I'll gladly post them.

ASTERICKS LEGEND -

*I used CCleaner to remove registry errors which is unwise I would
believe since if I'm not comfortable in editing my register on my own
why should a problem do so itself then? That's what I asked myself so I
have ceased to use CCleaner any longer other than for clearing up cache
and stuff like that, lol.
**I'm also sorry if it's against the TOS or the rules to link to other
websites but I have yet to look up the rules except knowing the proper
etiquette on all forums. Excuse my ignorance. This solution also wiped
my update history list away so on my screenshot you'll probably see the
two "Never" word.
***Oh, and my surfing habits are basically this: Check emails and never
clicking on a link, play Urban Terror, go on youtube, and this forum.
That's basically all I do so I'm not entirely sure what I have really
done but if it matters I used Wubi to install Ubuntu on my PC for
dual-boot and I'm a bit more riskier on Linux so could that perhaps have
affected my Vista partition?

|Filename: hijackthis.txt |
|Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=7314|

veloci1992f
veloci1992f's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/veloci1992f.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1064644.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old November 2nd 08, 08:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
t.j.

To solve the Error number: 0×80070424 in Windows Update follow the steps
below:-

- Click on Start - Run
- and paste the command below and enter

Code:
--------------------
%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\WUAUENG.DLL

--
t.j.
t.j.'s Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/t-j-.htm

Old November 22nd 08, 10:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
super_js

I can confirm that this works.

Thanks a lot t.j.

--
super_js
Old January 12th 09, 04:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
mattjones16

This didn't work for me. After running the command I got this error
message:

"The module "C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WUAUENG.DLL" was loaded but the call
to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005."

--
mattjones16
mattjones16's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/mattjones16.htm

Old January 16th 09, 01:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Mansoor

I tried but iy didnt worked for me.. it says The module
"C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WUAUENG.DLL" was loaded but the call to
DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005.
please help me with this.. i have windows vista home premium and also my
BITS are working just fine and enabled....
thank you

Old January 19th 09, 07:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
gmctech

I have the exact same issue as you!!!!! i get the 0x80070005 after i try the
run command for the dll file!!!!

Old January 19th 09, 08:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
gmctech

HEY I FIXED THIS ISSUE!!!!! Go to control panel.....user accounts..... then
turn user account control (UAC) off!!! this worked for me... i just went in
and started changing things and this did it!!!!
Old February 23rd 09, 10:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
pras

Hi,
the issue is with missing Wuaserv Registry.
I got the microsoft guys to help me with this and its fixed.
Mail me at and i'll send the solution.

--
pras
pras's Profile:

Old May 11th 10, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Un1267

It worked for me - but after I rebooted. Thank you.

--
Un1267
Old May 11th 10, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Un1267