monitor update failed

Old November 3rd 08, 03:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
monitor update failed

Default monitor update failed

ok i got windows vista 64 bit, and a hp w2207 wide lcd monitor. windows says
that there is an update (hp - bus controllers and ports, display - hp w2207
wide lcd monitor), but everytime i run it, it says failed access denied error
code 80070005. can any1 help me ?? and yes i am signed on the administrator
account. thank you
Old November 3rd 08, 06:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_]

Hi DDW,

Could you please tell me the hardwareIDs of your device?

You can find this by:
-- opening the device manager (start -- run -- devmgmt.msc)
-- selecting the monitor device
-- right clicking and selecting "properties"
-- Selecting the 'details' tab
-- Selecting "Hardware Ids" from the drop down box

Please copy/paste the list of hardwareIDs to this thread.

"DDW" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 19:45:01 -0800, monitor update failed monitor
update wrote:

ok i got windows vista 64 bit, and a hp w2207 wide lcd monitor. windows
says
that there is an update (hp - bus controllers and ports, display - hp
w2207
wide lcd monitor), but everytime i run it, it says failed access denied
error
code 80070005. can any1 help me ?? and yes i am signed on the
administrator
account. thank you

Don't get your hardware updates from Microsoft. Get them from the
manufacturer's website.

DDW
No email please

Old November 3rd 08, 06:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_]

Damn,

I meant to reply to OP. Please disregard DDW.

"Monitor Update Failed" - my post was meant for you. :-)

Old November 4th 08, 10:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
monitor update failed[_2_]

i tried to dl the driver from the website does not work either.

MONITOR\SHP4023
is all that comes up.

i have a hdtv hooked up as the second screen, but it only shows one monitor
in the device manager, and the name under monitor says (generic pnp monitor).

is there something i have to do to get more access or something ??

Old November 4th 08, 12:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Snidley W.

monitor update failed
wrote:

i have a hdtv hooked up as the second screen, but it only shows one monitor
in the device manager, and the name under monitor says (generic pnp monitor).

TWO monitors? Anything ELSE you forgot to mention?
Old November 4th 08, 02:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

What make and model graphics card do you have and what driver release for it
are you using?
What interface are you using for each of the displays?
What shows up in Display Settings?

Old November 5th 08, 07:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
monitor update failed[_2_]

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 (GeForce 9300GE + GeForce 8200)
driver version 7.15.11.7496
1680 by 1050 pixels on monitor with the problem and 1020 by 768 on the other.

dont know what u mean by interface

sry i didnt mention that i had 2 monitors didnt know that it made a
difference since i had this problem even before i hoooked up the other
monitor.

wonder y the monitor doesnt even show up in the device manager.

Old November 5th 08, 08:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Spirit

Windows Update only has Certified Drivers which will often be months or
more behind that which a manufacturer actually has out. Check the driver
at the Maker's site. HIDE the Update in Windows Updates as it is trying
to install an older driver which is typical.

Never once have I had Window's Updates suggest a driver when I didn't
already have a newer version.

Old November 5th 08, 03:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

Interface could be VGA, Component. DVI, S-video etc.
I don't understand what "GeForce 9400 (GeForce 9300GE + GeForce 8200) "
means.
Are the following drivers the ones that you could not install?
If not I suggest that you try them.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvist...8.24_whql.html