Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista File Management (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-file-management/)
-   -   Can I Put Vista Printer Driver on XP Desktop (http://www.vistabanter.com/145734-can-i-put-vista-printer-driver-xp-desktop.html)

Mac Lynch November 5th 08 11:35 PM

Can I Put Vista Printer Driver on XP Desktop

Put Vista Printer Driver on XP Desktop
Kia Ora
My laptop runs Vista Home Premium. My Brother MFC-215C Printer runs
from the desktop running XP SE. If I connect the laptop Direct to the
Printer by USB it works fine for Word 97. But if I connect through WiFi
through the desktop to the printer, some bold fonts come out garbled.
How can I Install an extra Vista Driver on the XP desktop please?
Mac

DL November 6th 08 12:06 PM

Can I Put Vista Printer Driver on XP Desktop

You dont install a Vista driver on the winxp desktop, you ensure that any
updated driver for winxp is installed on the desktop (from Brother not
winupdate)
That assumes your printer is capable of using a lan/wifi network connection.