Vista Banter

-   -   bsod Vista bios not fully acpi compliant - xp works (http://www.vistabanter.com/145735-bsod-vista-bios-not-fully-acpi-compliant-xp-works.html)

dspro November 5th 08 10:04 PM

bsod Vista bios not fully acpi compliant - xp works

bsod Vista bios inot fully acpi compliant

hi
i recived the bsod while useing xp as vista x64 wont work with traktor
and my midi controler and that was the program that caused the pc to
crash and the bsod
now every time i try to load vista it comes up with this
[image: http://www.dialadealer.co.uk/05112008435.jpg]

xp works fine as this is how i am posting this

i have tryed useing the repaire option on the install disc but is says
that it is unable repaire the problem and i also tryed uninstalling the
new software i install on the xp also i have tryed system restore but it
says there are no restore points

i have vista x64 and xp dual booted and its been working with no
problems ever

thanks for you help

Dspro

--
dspro

tanuj_chadha[_8_] November 6th 08 01:58 AM

bsod Vista bios not fully acpi compliant - xp works

Check the BIOS if has any setting for ACPI. And can also post the make
of the system. And did you recently update the BIOS ?

--
tanuj_chadha

Tanuj

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. - Karl
Marx :geek:

dspro November 6th 08 06:13 PM

bsod Vista bios not fully acpi compliant - xp works

I managed to fix it
heres what i did
when i came back from work i unpluged the machine
and then pluged it back in then it let me boot in to safe mode then
restarted my comp and unpluged my portable hard drive and it let me
boot in to vista fine :d

dont know why or how it works now and even if unpluging my portable hd
or pc fixed it
but it works fine now :d

--
dspro